Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I know everyone’s in the same situation but I just read that in the UK they think corona will peak between late May and late June. That means that it’s unlikely we’ll go back to school until September, and I feel like I can’t cope already any tips?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Catch it

Become immune

Get cheap holiday to Italy
shebk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can learn online
Which year are you in?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know everyone’s in the same situation but I just read that in the UK they think corona will peak between late May and late June. That means that it’s unlikely we’ll go back to school until September, and I feel like I can’t cope already any tips?
that's very relatable. I'm getting super depressed too since school is literally the only kind of social life I have, even if it's really awful at times... ☹️😞
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
I know this sounds like duff advice, but really focus your energy on learning a new skill! I am teaching myself to play the piano again and I'm having a pile of fun, its something I never normally have time to do. Also keep in contact with school friends, and remember this will pass, and life will hopefully be back to normal and better than ever in no time!!
independentx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I totally know how you feel, I’ve struggled with depression and anxiety before this and I had been doing really well before this, now I just feel like I have nothing to look forward to and I finally thought I was making friends at college and now it’s closed and I might not see them again.

As a result I don’t have any tips for you but I would like to assure you that you aren’t alone with this.
Anonymous #5
Report 6 days ago
There's many things you can do:
- Continue learning/studying. Education is not confined to a school. You have an obligation to continue expanding your knowledge of you wish to become productive members of society
- Get good at a hobby, as one poster mentioned, playing an instrument
- Read books (as you get older, you realise the value of being able to articulate yourself properly. You'll need it when writing emails, negotiations in pay rises etc.)
- Learn vocabulary (memorise 20 words per day from the dictionary)
- Write a book (especially if you've got depression or other illnesses, you could write a story about it, to educate and inspire others)
- Workout, now's the time to sort your health out before it sorts you out!
- Learn a new language
- Rebuild your relationships with close ones and friends (ideally through WhatsApp/phonecalls due to social distancing, unless you live with them)
- Improve your brain power - Do puzzles, online quizzes etc
- Those of you with medical conditions like anxiety/depression, connect with those with the same conditions online and support one another
There's so many things to do
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 days ago
be very excited you get all this free time to watch TV or films, chat with friends play games or read books.
What is it you cant cope with about being away from school? Dont you like free time?
Anonymous #6
Report 6 days ago
I FEEL YOU!

Although I used to not go out before but I use to go out once per week in order to let out some steam, now I can't even do that...

I'm using my time productively and everything but I think I would have been more productive with letting out some steam every once in a while...

We're just going to have to deal with this... There's no way out! For how long? No one knows for sure. They could find a cure tomorrow...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads