Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am HIV positive male who takes regular medication so that I cannot pass it on.

Wanted to ask if faced with the situation to be in a relationship or have sex with a person who is HIV positive what would everyone do?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
If I’m HIV negative I wouldn’t have sex with someone who is positive (sorry)
Try finding someone who is positive then you don’t have the worry

How did you get it at such a young age
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
If I’m HIV negative I wouldn’t have sex with someone who is positive (sorry)
Try finding someone who is positive then you don’t have the worry

How did you get it at such a young age
Even though due to being undetectable there is no way you could catch it even with unprotected sex. But dont worry there is no offence taken

And I slept with someone unprotected I understood the risks and took them, he didn't know so I cannot get angry about it.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
I also wouldn't have sex with someone who is HIV positive even though I understand it can't be pass on when on meds. But I avoids sex in general so this would just be an excuse for me to refuse to sleep with someone.
Anonymous #1
I also wouldn't have sex with someone who is HIV positive even though I understand it can't be pass on when on meds. But I avoids sex in general so this would just be an excuse for me to refuse to sleep with someone.
Why use it as an excuse? Surely you are just making someone feel ****ty about their condition. If you avoid sex in general why not explain that instead of using their condition against them?
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
Why use it as an excuse? Surely you are just making someone feel ****ty about their condition. If you avoid sex in general why not explain that instead of using their condition against them?
Because from experience, people don't understand - men see it as a challenge when you tell them you just want to be friends and don't want to sleep with them. And I suspect if I told a HIV positive person I didn't want to have sex with them, they would assume I didn't want to sleep with them because of their HIV status, regardless of the explanation I gave.
Anonymous #1
Because from experience, people don't understand - men see it as a challenge when you tell them you just want to be friends and don't want to sleep with them. And I suspect if I told a HIV positive person I didn't want to have sex with them, they would assume I didn't want to sleep with them because of their HIV status, regardless of the explanation I gave.
I still do not agree with the fact that you are using their status as an excuse because you don't feel like you can get the real reason across to them. HIV people wouldn't assume that unless given reason too. If you gave a very vague answer then of course. But regardless to whoever you are saying you dont want to have sex with the truth is the best thing. I agree no is no but sometimes people like to know why
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (341)
34.8%
No (639)
65.2%

Watched Threads