How to get in the mood to study after long vacation?

Watch
nanachan123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I literallg have 0 motivation, all i do is procrastinate and that results in increased anxiety which leads to more procrastination

DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nanachan123)
I literallg have 0 motivation, all i do is procrastinate and that results in increased anxiety which leads to more procrastination
For me, it's the fear of failure that motivates me. I know that if I don't study and revise enough, then I won't do well in my exams. If I don't do well in exams, then I'll get bad grades. If I get bad grades, then I won't be able to move onto the next step that I wanted to. If I can't do that, then so many careers or opportunities will be unavailable to me. If that happens, then I won't be able to get more than minimum-wage jobs for the rest of my life. If I can't earn a decent wage, then I'll be stuck living with my parents forever, not being able to have my own independent life, etc. It's the fear of what could go wrong.

Also, this is only such a short amount of time in your life. You'll have literally decades left where you don't have to study and you can just be an adult with a job. you only have to put in this level of effort for a short while and then it's all done.
thatcollegegirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nanachan123)
I'm doing these to help me to stay motivated and to work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCDctD84wDU
The University of Law Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
nanachan123

I usually make a timetable on my notes app for things to accomplish the next day/ during the week! I find timetabling in revision helps me most.

There are also apps you can get where it stops you going on your phone (i have one where it sets a timer and if you don’t go on it for the set time it plants a tree)
thatcollegegirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My morning of Politics - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM7-HrjdiK4 watch and it may help you to become motivated/gain inspiration to study
iammelissa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
The very first thing you need to do is to stop blaming yourself because it leads to even more anxiety. Procrastination is a problem, but you can fix it. Then, start with the most difficult tasks. You'll feel more enthusiastic about completing the rest of the tasks after you finish the most important ones. Dividing large projects into small parts is another simple but effective tip.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (241)
33.85%
No (471)
66.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise