Will you be applauding the NHS?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
The government has invited us to stand on our doorsteps/balconies to applaud NHS workers on Thursday at 8pm.

Will you be joining us?
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
I certainly will :clap2:
ecolier GANFYD nexttime

Let's hear it for the heroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcASV2sey0
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I certainly will 100%. God bless each and every one of our NHS workers, keep up the good work.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
(Original post by Karisa96)
I certainly will 100%. God bless each and every one of our NHS workers, keep up the good work.
PRSOM
Alibi4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Karisa96)
Working for NHS in theatres, you cannot imagine how much your words mean to us. Thank you
Karisa96
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Alibi4)
Working for NHS in theatres, you cannot imagine how much your words mean to us. Thank you
You are more than welcome my lovely.
We love you all. X
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
The government has invited us to stand on our doorsteps/balconies to applaud NHS workers on Thursday at 8pm.

Will you be joining us?
I will be - it's one of the few good things to come out of this coronavirus, that people have more respect for NHS workers than they did before. I hope this positive attitude will continue long after we have come through this crisis and that people won't grumble so much about paying taxes because our taxes are what pays for our brilliant NHS amongst other important public services.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Seems a bit weird to just stand outside clapping lol my area might think I'm on something 😂
MrMusician95
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've been verbally abused at work more than usual since this started, so this means so much to me. Thank you.
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Seems a bit weird to just stand outside clapping lol my area might think I'm on something 😂
Exactly, lol
Icykitten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Of course

...but I live in the middle of no where so no one would see lol
TectalAlex124
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My whole family will be stood outside applauding, you've done the country well to put up with the ungrateful people who are just too priveliged to realise that you are human too. Just remember that for every person who doesn't appreciate you, there are 3 who do. We're all supporting you in our household.
TectalAlex124
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Icykitten)
Of course

Even if nobody sees, you know you are doing right by them. Good on you!
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Will you be joining us?
I would love nothing more than to do this but alas living abroad makes it rather tricky.
I would just like to underscore how brilliant the NHS and her workers are every day of every week but yes especially in these challenging times. This really comes from a personal level as well as they have saved the lifes of both me and my dad and gave superb treatment to my late uncle as well. They are truly a national gift.

Equally, Hopefully it will even be a time for those most disgusting of people who assault our NHS staff to see the error of their ways... and if not lynch them.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Icykitten)
Of course

LOOOOOOL I actually screamed a laugh. You'd be clapping to no one, scaring all the animals lol

However I would applaud them I guess but not until it's all over...
Etomidate
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
LOOOOOOL I actually screamed a laugh. You'd be clapping to no one, scaring all the animals lol

However I would applaud them I guess but not until it's all over...
It hasn't even started, especially outside of London.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Etomidate)
It hasn't even started, especially outside of London.
...ok? And my point was clearly, not until THE VIRUS AND LOCKDOWNS....are....all over...obviously
...but even if...that wasnt my point...what in god's name is yours???
Precious Illusions
Report 2 weeks ago
If I went outside and started clapping at 8pm then it would just confuse my drunken neighbour who stands outside singing football chants every night. He'd think I was applauding him.

I appreciate all their hard work though obviously.
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Will you be joining us?
As you may realise I am a nurse in the NHS. I would like to applaud all the other people who are going the extra mile to make this whole episode less awful - like the bus drivers, the delivery people, the supermarket workers, the police, the binmen etc. Without them we would be far worse off.
Anonnorth
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
As you may realise I am a nurse in the NHS. I would like to applaud all the other people who are going the extra mile to make this whole episode less awful - like the bus drivers, the delivery people, the supermarket workers, the police, the binmen etc. Without them we would be far worse off.
As we as them I would applaud those people that have set up or volunteering for the mutual aid groups springing up around the country to help with deliveries and supplies to the elderly and medically at risk from this virus.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (226)
33.73%
No (444)
66.27%

Watched Threads