Will you be applauding the NHS?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don’t want a round of applause for doing my job tbh. A free flat white from costa was appreciated yesterday, but I don’t feel like we’ve gone above and beyond what we normally do.

It’s not got bad yet (where I am or, for most places outside of London from what I’ve heard), in fact, for me, clinically it’s never been so quiet. We are preparing, but it’s all an unknown, we don’t know where all this is heading.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by moonkatt)
I don’t want a round of applause for doing my job tbh. A free flat white from costa was appreciated yesterday, but I don’t feel like we’ve gone above and beyond what we normally do.

It’s not got bad yet (where I am or, for most places outside of London from what I’ve heard), in fact, for me, clinically it’s never been so quiet. We are preparing, but it’s all an unknown, we don’t know where all this is heading.
Yep I think London and possibly the midlands are different. I am being sent to the wards this week ( London) Quite anxious as it is 16 years since I did ward work.

Londoners are on top of each other and having worked elsewhere in the country, there are a huge number of medically very unfit people. It is not unusual for me to see patient on 30 different types of medication a day - which is why they are such a poor risk if they need to be ventilated.

Next week we are expecting a huge rise in deaths and infections - so stay safe everyone
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No, but only because I instinctively turn up my nose at token gestures. If it was an organic thing, fine. But being told to by the govt?! :lol:
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I think it’s time to close this thread you feel sorry for me yet you continue to say nasty things. I’m done and having more fun watching repeats of columbo at least his character is a lovely person.

ecolier CoolCavy Wilykit
Please close this thread before I lose faith in tsr completely
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would but i'm too lazy to leave my room.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thread closed for clean up, and at the request of OP.

Please treat each other with respect and courtesy, and avoid off topic posts.
Last edited by ecolier; 1 week ago
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Moderator message:
This thread has now been cleaned up and will remain closed. Now more than ever, please be conscious of the impact your words have on others and treat people with respect.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads