The Student Room Group

GCSEs internationally

If i’m a student in a country outside of the UK, will my GCSEs be cancelled and not my igcses?? Or are both still happening?
Ok basically people are misinterpreting when they say international GCSEs. From what I understand it doesn't mean an actual IGCSE exam I think it means any exams taking place internationally, as in outside the UK. From what I've heard, I am an international student myself, AQA is continuing with their AQA international exams (see they mean outside UK exams because there is no such thing as AQA IGCSE) and Pearson Edexcel will conduct their exams in countries where schools will be open and the country is deemed safe (which basically means if your school is open or will be open soon then it means it is safe). I hope that clears things up.
Original post by fiastudies
Ok basically people are misinterpreting when they say international GCSEs. From what I understand it doesn't mean an actual IGCSE exam I think it means any exams taking place internationally, as in outside the UK. From what I've heard, I am an international student myself, AQA is continuing with their AQA international exams (see they mean outside UK exams because there is no such thing as AQA IGCSE) and Pearson Edexcel will conduct their exams in countries where schools will be open and the country is deemed safe (which basically means if your school is open or will be open soon then it means it is safe). I hope that clears things up.

are you sure?? sorry i just wanna make sure because i don’t wanna waste time on the gcses i might not have and focus on igcses instead. also isn’t it unfair that exams internationally continue?? how can they fairly compare a student in the uk and a student internationally applying for a sixth form?
Yes I am quite sure that is the case (hopefully). I completely understand where you're coming from because I don't want to waste time either. My School sent out a letter today clarifying the situation and it said exactly what I told you earlier. Whether the exam being GCSE or IGCSE doesn't matter because the exam itself is taking place outside the UK and your centre is also an International Centre therefore your exam, even if it is GCSE, is an international exam but does NOT make it an IGCSE, do you get me lol? I hope I cleared things up and also unless you have been given a notice otherwise by your school, DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT stop revising for your exams, think that your exams are still approaching and you have to continue revising for each and every one of them. Good luck, and if you have any other questions, do let me know and I will try my best to help you !
Reply 4
Noooo . GCSEs aren’t taking place throughout the world. Check Pearson edexcdl’s website
Original post by OMG354
Noooo . GCSEs aren’t taking place throughout the world. Check Pearson edexcdl’s website

ohh alright so all gcses aren't happening all over the world but igcses will happen everywhere except the uk??
Original post by OMG354

No I just checked the website it is just UK and my school has said that they haven't received any confirmation of cancellation of GCSEs in our school/country. Hopefully I've read the website properly but if I am still wrong could you send me the link to the website where you read this? Edit: just found that same article that you read on Pearson Edexcel's website but this is only applied to places where schools are closed and public exams are not permitted but it doesn't mention anything specifically about just GCSE, because I do GCSE Edexcel Psychology and my teacher said that we will probably do it.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest