This discussion is closed.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Welcome to the Aston University A100 2020 Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://www2.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/medicine-mbchb

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 1 year ago
Westbrook
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Got an ABB offer couple days ago. If I do get ABB, is there still a chance that I can get rejected even though I have technically met the conditions for my the offer.Also, is it wise to accept the offer right now incase they do not change anything, or does it not make any difference?
Ali-789
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Westbrook)
Got an ABB offer couple days ago. If I do get ABB, is there still a chance that I can get rejected even though I have technically met the conditions for my the offer.Also, is it wise to accept the offer right now incase they do not change anything, or does it not make any difference?
Can i ask when was your interview, what was the cap and what was it scored out of?
Chocolatte148
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey I got an offer too ABB but I'm a little worried now that the exams have been cancelled I'm not sure whether the grades they give me will be ABB
Chocolatte148
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm worried I may get awarded a C in chemistry when I need a B. I know there is an opportunity to sit the exam in September (I think, I'm not too sure) so if I decide to sit the chemistry exam would I lose my offer as University starts in September?
Westbrook
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ali-789)
Can i ask when was your interview, what was the cap and what was it scored out of?
I had the interview around mid December. Sorry but I don't have a clue about the scoring system.
SomaSP
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Any international students who got offer in this thread?
Reversed Flash
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6408910
Last edited by Reversed Flash; 1 year ago
WiseWoman1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Reversed Flash)
Your results are dependent on various aspects with GCSE's and previous attainment the only factor that can affect it. If a teacher predicts you a "C" then the exam board may change that to a higher/lower grades with past info.
What do you mean by previous attainment?
Chocolatte148
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Reversed Flash)
Your results are dependent on various aspects with GCSE's and previous attainment the only factor that can affect it. If a teacher predicts you a "C" then the exam board may change that to a higher/lower grades with past info.
Thanks for the reply I didn't know that the exam boards could change my grade. Luckily my previous attainments for chemistry aren't too bad so hopefully that should help.
Chocolatte148
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by worriedmom1)
What do you mean by previous attainment?
Hi, I think it just includes things like SATs (from Year 6), GCSEs, AS levels etc.
sselvapandian
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SomaSP)
Any international students who got offer in this thread?
Hi, my daughter got an offer.
SomaSP
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sselvapandian)
Hi, my daughter got an offer.
That's nice. Which curriculum is she in? Did she accept the offer?
sselvapandian
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SomaSP)
That's nice. Which curriculum is she in? Did she accept the offer?
Yeah. She is doing IB.
sweetbutterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Could anyone give me information about the reading list for the first module for A100 Medicine . Thought I might try and get ahead with some reading. Thanks
annoymous_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I got an offer today of ABB. does anyone know if you have to firm Aston for the offer the contextual offer to hold
WiseWoman1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did anyone receive an email from Aston to upload your picture in your Aston portal?
bradleywv1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How did you get an offer of ABB?
bradleywv1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chocolatte148)
Hey I got an offer too ABB but I'm a little worried now that the exams have been cancelled I'm not sure whether the grades they give me will be ABB
How did you get an offer of ABB?
bradleywv1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Westbrook)
How did you get an offer of ABB
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (107)
40.53%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.98%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (19)
7.2%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (59)
22.35%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (31)
11.74%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
7.2%

Watched Threads