The Student Room Group

Aston A100 2020 Offer Holders

Welcome to the Aston University A100 2020 Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://www2.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/medicine-mbchb

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Got an ABB offer couple days ago. If I do get ABB, is there still a chance that I can get rejected even though I have technically met the conditions for my the offer.Also, is it wise to accept the offer right now incase they do not change anything, or does it not make any difference?
Reply 2
Original post by Westbrook
Got an ABB offer couple days ago. If I do get ABB, is there still a chance that I can get rejected even though I have technically met the conditions for my the offer.Also, is it wise to accept the offer right now incase they do not change anything, or does it not make any difference?

Can i ask when was your interview, what was the cap and what was it scored out of?
Hey I got an offer too ABB but I'm a little worried now that the exams have been cancelled I'm not sure whether the grades they give me will be ABB :frown:
I'm worried I may get awarded a C in chemistry when I need a B. I know there is an opportunity to sit the exam in September (I think, I'm not too sure) so if I decide to sit the chemistry exam would I lose my offer as University starts in September?
Original post by Ali-789
Can i ask when was your interview, what was the cap and what was it scored out of?

I had the interview around mid December. Sorry but I don't have a clue about the scoring system.
Reply 6
Any international students who got offer in this thread?
Original post by Reversed Flash
Your results are dependent on various aspects with GCSE's and previous attainment the only factor that can affect it. If a teacher predicts you a "C" then the exam board may change that to a higher/lower grades with past info.

What do you mean by previous attainment?
Original post by Reversed Flash
Your results are dependent on various aspects with GCSE's and previous attainment the only factor that can affect it. If a teacher predicts you a "C" then the exam board may change that to a higher/lower grades with past info.

Thanks for the reply :smile: I didn't know that the exam boards could change my grade. Luckily my previous attainments for chemistry aren't too bad so hopefully that should help.
Original post by worriedmom1
What do you mean by previous attainment?

Hi, I think it just includes things like SATs (from Year 6), GCSEs, AS levels etc.
Original post by SomaSP
Any international students who got offer in this thread?

Hi, my daughter got an offer.
Reply 12
Original post by sselvapandian
Hi, my daughter got an offer.

That's nice. Which curriculum is she in? Did she accept the offer?
Original post by SomaSP
That's nice. Which curriculum is she in? Did she accept the offer?

Yeah. She is doing IB.
Could anyone give me information about the reading list for the first module for A100 Medicine . Thought I might try and get ahead with some reading. Thanks
Hi I got an offer today of ABB. does anyone know if you have to firm Aston for the offer the contextual offer to hold
Did anyone receive an email from Aston to upload your picture in your Aston portal?
How did you get an offer of ABB?
Original post by Chocolatte148
Hey I got an offer too ABB but I'm a little worried now that the exams have been cancelled I'm not sure whether the grades they give me will be ABB :frown:

How did you get an offer of ABB?
Original post by Westbrook

How did you get an offer of ABB

Latest

Trending

Trending