Oxford Economics graduate applicants

Watch
Wastra
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by aot04)
Congrats! nothing about funding or colleges?
Nope. I honestly don't expect anything until late April
aot04
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Wastra)
Nope. I honestly don't expect anything until late April
do you have offers from other places?
Wastra
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by aot04)
do you have offers from other places?
BGSE Economics 100% tuition waiver, TSE econometrics and statistics, Oxford MPhil in Economic and Social History. I did apply to LSE albeit quite late so I haven’t heard from them yet

But I am pretty sure I will accept the Oxford Econ offer
leo_messi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
To be honest, oxford is my only hope currently.
aot04
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
anyone got anything today? ,,, Im still waiting
acorne
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I still haven't heard anything. To those who wrote to the department: did they get back to you? I thought that they were informing everyone of their outcome this week, but it seems as if there is still quite a few people waiting to hear.
marekb98
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by acorne)
I still haven't heard anything. To those who wrote to the department: did they get back to you? I thought that they were informing everyone of their outcome this week, but it seems as if there is still quite a few people waiting to hear.
They replied to my email from the 13th of March today...They said they will let everyone know by Monday.
acorne
Rep:
?
Report 23 hours ago
(Original post by marekb98)
They replied to my email from the 13th of March today...They said they will let everyone know by Monday.
Thank you for your reply! That's useful to know. However, I am a bit worried as initially they said that they would let everyone know on the week of the 23rd, so that probably means that this is taking longer than expected. Hopefully it won't take them longer than Monday as I have a deadline for another program on that same day. Has anyone contacted them recently and heard back? I f they are taking +10 days to reply to everyone, then I don't see the sense in writing to them now.

Also, do you think that they still have acceptances to send out?
econstudential
Rep:
?
Report 23 hours ago
Thank you for your reply! That's useful to know. However, I am a bit worried as initially they said that they would let everyone know on the week of the 23rd, so that probably means that this is taking longer than expected. Hopefully it won't take them longer than Monday as I have a deadline for another program on that same day. Has anyone contacted them recently and heard back? I f they are taking +10 days to reply to everyone, then I don't see the sense in writing to them now.

Also, do you think that they still have acceptances to send out?
They said they transitioned to working remotely, so thats why its taking longer

I think they still have offers to hand out, otherwise they could just send rejections to all remaining applicants.

Also, as they send rejections at night, if they want to let everyone know by Monday, then they basically need to send all rejections tonight or tomorrow night (assuming they don‘t work on Saturday/Sunday), as a rejection sent on Monday would only be received by the applicant on Tuesday.
acorne
Rep:
?
Report 23 hours ago
(Original post by econstudential)
They said they transitioned to working remotely, so thats why its taking longer

I think they still have offers to hand out, otherwise they could just send rejections to all remaining applicants.

Also, as they send rejections at night, if they want to let everyone know by Monday, then they basically need to send all rejections tonight or tomorrow night (assuming they don‘t work on Saturday/Sunday), as a rejection sent on Monday would only be received by the applicant on Tuesday.
Haha I like your thinking. Let's hope we get through tonight and tomorrow night safe then.

Good luck!
econstudential
Rep:
?
Report 23 hours ago
Haha I like your thinking. Let's hope we get through tonight and tomorrow night safe then.

Good luck!
I really hope so too - for all of us still waiting. Good luck!!!
zkxu
Rep:
?
Report 20 hours ago
I have been waiting for too long! International students from China, Holding both Duke MAE and UChicago MAPSS, I find the cost of the two programs goes too beyond my expectation (can you believe it? the tuition is 50k to 60k US dollars per year) and still hard to be admitted by an ideal PhD program. Oxford could be the most suitable one for me but I find the chance of getting enrolled trivial since I think there are few offers to be sent. Fingers crossed.
Last edited by zkxu; 13 hours ago
nitkstudent
Rep:
?
Report 9 hours ago
Looks like most of the ones who received their offers are UK undergrad degree holders. Perhaps because of the non-requirement of GRE scores for their decisions. If any non-EU student has received an offer, please let us know.
acorne
Rep:
?
Report 16 minutes ago
Did any of you hear something today?
econstudential
Rep:
?
Report 9 minutes ago
Did any of you hear something today?
Nope, still waiting :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (35)
63.64%
No (20)
36.36%

Watched Threads