Help with Social Anxiety

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
How do I stop overthinking all the conversations I have? Every time I look back at how I acted and what I said, and how I should've acted and what I should've said. This comes and goes all the time. Please any advice?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How do I stop overthinking all the conversations I have? Every time I look back at how I acted and what I said, and how I should've acted and what I should've said. This comes and goes all the time. Please any advice?
I feel like this sometimes - it can take up a lot of my time when I obsess over my words, actions and behaviour in a situation. The best thing to do is to try to move on, let the thought go and preoccupy myself with something else - a new task, a new hobby, doing another activity. I keep in mind that in most cases, the other person I spoke to won't have thought as much as I have about an interaction and I most likely didn't do the wrong thing.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I feel like this sometimes - it can take up a lot of my time when I obsess over my words, actions and behaviour in a situation. The best thing to do is to try to move on, let the thought go and preoccupy myself with something else - a new task, a new hobby, doing another activity. I keep in mind that in most cases, the other person I spoke to won't have thought as much as I have about an interaction and I most likely didn't do the wrong thing.
I try to do that, and that's something that annoys me. Here I am making it deep meanwhile the other person probably doesn't even care.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I try to do that, and that's something that annoys me. Here I am making it deep meanwhile the other person probably doesn't even care.
For me, I think that I shouldn't be using my time to overthink a situation when I could be do something more useful with my time or using my time more positively. I don't think I will ever rid myself of the way I dwell on what I do, but I hope to be able to cope better. It's not as bad as it used to be, but still happens.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads