eviewx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i took the morning after pill a couple of weeks ago and got my period on the 15th of feb for a week as usual. i haven’t got it this month yet, my period is always irregular but i’m just stressing out. my previous period was very heavy so i obviously wasnt pregnant but i’m just wondering if it’s common to miss a second period after the morning after pill
LittleABC
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It isn't unusual for the next period to be delayed after taking the morning after pill, the whole cycle being moved along is part of how it works. You should take a pregnancy test three weeks after taking the pill for this reason - you cant rely on the first period after taking the MAP as confirmation you're not pregnant.
eviewx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by LittleABC)
It isn't unusual for the next period to be delayed after taking the morning after pill, the whole cycle being moved along is part of how it works. You should take a pregnancy test three weeks after taking the pill for this reason - you cant rely on the first period after taking the MAP as confirmation you're not pregnant.
i can’t take a test becuase of this whole coronavirus lockdown and i’m only 16 so i can’t afford to be pregnant at this age. aswell my mum would go mad. i haven’t had any pregnancy symptoms only bloating which could be my period
LittleABC
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by eviewx)
i can’t take a test becuase of this whole coronavirus lockdown and i’m only 16 so i can’t afford to be pregnant at this age. aswell my mum would go mad. i haven’t had any pregnancy symptoms only bloating which could be my period
Could you visit the pharmacy or order online?
As I said, its not unusual for bleeds to be a little delayed at first, and a pregnancy test 3 weeks after is advisable, however you get one. Otherwise you're going to get more and more anxious waiting for your next period.
eviewx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by LittleABC)
Could you visit the pharmacy or order online?
As I said, its not unusual for bleeds to be a little delayed at first, and a pregnancy test 3 weeks after is advisable, however you get one. Otherwise you're going to get more and more anxious waiting for your next period.
no because my mum can track my orders and i can’t get out of the house. i highly doubt i am pregnant due to getting my period a week after have sex. i think i’m just stressing and i was also on the pill and stopped taking that the week i got my period, so i have probably messed up my cycle
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (91)
52.3%
No, they should still go ahead (34)
19.54%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (49)
28.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed