No motivation to work, miss uni and friends, **** corona

Watch
Orangeiswhite
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello,
I’m a med student and all my exams have been cancelled but I still have a formative that partially counts. I cannot bring myself to work I have no motivation to work and I really really badly miss my friends.
There’s nothing to do at home can’t even go out and get pissed and everyone in my family is starting to tread on everyone’s toes.

Please can I have some advice on how I can motivate myself to work and really work productively and effectively and how to stop myself from going insane??
MayaVellichor
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I know that I use this technique in a much smaller context (I am in Year 9), but to help myself cope I have formed a timetable for myself much like the school day... And within each lesson I would set myself smaller tasks to do in that time, so I constantly feel like I am achieving something. Also if you have any sweets or a type of food you like and you need to read a text, place a small piece of the food under each paragraph to reward yourself for reading it... It's all about immediate gratification!😊
Also I use Skype and my friends and I have a video call everyday at 5pm to catch up. It helps me feel less lonely. So maybe you could do the same?
Good Luck! 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
60.95%
No (66)
39.05%

Watched Threads