Covid worst period

Watch
michele nana
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
when will this whole Covid 19 get worse? or has it already?

Mod Edit: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web-pages.
Anonymous #1
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by michele nana)
It has, not to the point where all human civilization will end but it’s leading up to there, just wash your hands, keep away from sick people and be generally clean and healthy
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If Italy is anything to go by, we could very soon be entering the worst period.
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
The sad reality is that out of those that become ill with it 80% of them will most likely just get mild symptoms, don't get me wrong it aint great even at that. The other 20% will need to be hospitalised and 5% of those that are hospitalised are going to succumb to it.
I personally believe that this has been circulating in the UK a lot longer than anyone knows, in my area in the runup to Christmas and just after Christmas leading in January/February we had some very strange random deaths some of which have had no explanation. ( I believe these are going to be down to this virus it's just that the authorities did not know about it at the time).
To answer your original question it is getting worse by the day, when it will peak ? no one knows. The figures of confirmed cases you are seeing on the TV for the UK are only the known cases mostly the ones that are hospitalised.If you want the real figure World leading virologists are saying you need to multiply that number by around 20. In other words the actual number of cases currently throughout the UK is likely to be in the 100,000 ball park figure. We have a population of roughly 67million people so I can assure you that number is going to rise drastically in the coming days or weeks.
independentx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I think it’s getting worse gradually, and will peek pretty soon - hopefully that means cases and deaths will then begin falling and this shambles will be over quickly.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
In the UK??
My biology teacher said maybe May (in the UK).
It's so sad
michele nana
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
In the UK??
My biology teacher said maybe May (in the UK).
It's so sad
what about globally though?
Because where i live, yes we are all on lockdown but its getting worst by day.
would you say may for other countries as well?
shebk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I guess the situation becomes better, but take care of yourself
How are you?
michele nana
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by shebk)
I guess the situation becomes better, but take care of yourself
How are you?
I'm good thankyou.
artlessglide
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Karisa96)
If Italy is anything to go by, we could very soon be entering the worst period.
exactly. it doesnt choose which country this virus will infect, it can be any country, any person. so let us be very careful and be clean. Lets obey what the government is telling us and reflect discipline.
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
The media has done an immaculate job of making us all fret. Without the media we'd all be fine with or without the virus-as twisted as that may sound, if we didn't have the media we wouldn't be worrying and fretting constantly. Makes me wish I was a different species because then we wouldn't be worrying we'd just be living.
Ferrograd
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
People should be worried. They should not be acting like this is normal. This is NOT the flu. I repeat, this is NOT the flu. Is 3-4 times deadlier. Who knows it has been really in the UK for. If it really has been in China since November, that undoubtedly means it got here not long after that, and therefore we may be approaching a peak soon. But a peak does not mean things get back to normal. We need to still be cautious.

Ultimately, no one really knows for certain, everyone needs to stop pretending to be experts and leave it those that know what they are doing.
MrMusician95
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by independentx)
I think it’s getting worse gradually, and will peek pretty soon - hopefully that means cases and deaths will then begin falling and this shambles will be over quickly.
It will peak soon if people listen to the government. But they're not. The longer people go against what the government is asking, the longer this will go on and the more people that will die.
Karisa96
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by artlessglide)
exactly. it doesnt choose which country this virus will infect, it can be any country, any person. so let us be very careful and be clean. Lets obey what the government is telling us and reflect discipline.
In total agreement with that sentiment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads