How to maintain weight/muscle whilst at home

Watch
Ferrograd
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I've worked really hard the last few months at the gym, and now I'm worrying about losing all i've worked hard for. i have dumbbells at home, but they aren't very heavy. i'm trying to do 100+ press ups every day but not sure whether this will do anything. any other exercises? i'm worried i won't be eating enough to keep my weight or have enough protein
HayJ123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Try inverted rows with a table, bodyweight squats, lying leg raises, etc.
HayJ123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by HayJ123)
Try inverted rows with a table, bodyweight squats, lying leg raises, etc.
All of that is calisthenics

For the dumbbells, you can do bent-over rows, goblet squats, chest presses and weighted sit-ups
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Have moved your thread to a more relevant section
sbsh44456
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you have naturally gained that muscle and you're eating really well you'll be surprised how hard it is to lose the muscle that you've built, the strength and technique on certain exercises though is another thing entirely but you will bounce back on that too. So just keep doing something you'll be fine, do more bodybuilding style high rep work and you could gain more
waltergabri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Ferrograd)
I've worked really hard the last few months at the gym, and now I'm worrying about losing all i've worked hard for. i have dumbbells at home, but they aren't very heavy. i'm trying to do 100+ press ups every day but not sure whether this will do anything. any other exercises? i'm worried i won't be eating enough to keep my weight or have enough protein
By eating natural produced protein u can maintain protein req and muscle mass of body
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (271)
15.52%
Uncertainty around my education (274)
15.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
9.97%
Isolating with family (123)
7.04%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (78)
4.47%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (146)
8.36%
Loneliness (173)
9.91%
Financial worries (69)
3.95%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (159)
9.11%
Exposure to negative news/social media (124)
7.1%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (155)
8.88%

Watched Threads