feel like a failure : (

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
so throughout secondary school, I was always self-motivated and was a top-performing student. I also managed to get all As and A*s in GCSEs and then yr 12 came and I was doing decently and did well in my AS exam and then yr 13 came by and I was doing well for the most part and managed to secure a medicine offer for AAA and I decided that I would step up my game and work well to get the grades - when I sat the exams I felt like I did really badly but I didn't know whether I actually did bad or was it just me being too self-critical as I usually am.

Results day came and the second i opened my envelope, I felt like something inside me died right there and then. I kept checking to see if there was a mistake or anything like that and just panicked so I went into a corner away from everyone and just let all the emotions out.

I really can't describe how helpless, heartbroken and devastated I was - all that revision, the effort I put into exams and into securing a spot at med school felt like a complete waste. FAILURE was the one word that I kept hearing over and over again in my head as I sat there and I really didn't know wht to do with my life anymore.

A few days later, I decided I would choose to resit to redeem myself and to pursure med again by applying for biomed and then doing GEM as resitting wouldn't have allowed me to reapply. I am now self-studying as a private candidate and now this uncertainty over grades is just making me feel a lot worse.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
You are not a failure. I know you probably don't believe me when I say that, but it's true. You are clearly very intelligent and the fact you chose to carry on pursuing your aim means you've got real resilience. Things are a mess with exams and things at the moment but please please please don't let that put you off! Hard work always pays off in the end 👍😁
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You are not a failure. I know you probably don't believe me when I say that, but it's true. You are clearly very intelligent and the fact you chose to carry on pursuing your aim means you've got real resilience. Things are a mess with exams and things at the moment but please please please don't let that put you off! Hard work always pays off in the end 👍😁
tysm for your kind words - really appreciate it
I won't give up aha
shebk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Do you mean you failed an important exam?
Anonymous #3
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so throughout secondary school, I was always self-motivated and was a top-performing student. I also managed to get all As and A*s in GCSEs and then yr 12 came and I was doing decently and did well in my AS exam and then yr 13 came by and I was doing well for the most part and managed to secure a medicine offer for AAA and I decided that I would step up my game and work well to get the grades - when I sat the exams I felt like I did really badly but I didn't know whether I actually did bad or was it just me being too self-critical as I usually am.

Results day came and the second i opened my envelope, I felt like something inside me died right there and then. I kept checking to see if there was a mistake or anything like that and just panicked so I went into a corner away from everyone and just let all the emotions out.

I really can't describe how helpless, heartbroken and devastated I was - all that revision, the effort I put into exams and into securing a spot at med school felt like a complete waste. FAILURE was the one word that I kept hearing over and over again in my head as I sat there and I really didn't know wht to do with my life anymore.

A few days later, I decided I would choose to resit to redeem myself and to pursure med again by applying for biomed and then doing GEM as resitting wouldn't have allowed me to reapply. I am now self-studying as a private candidate and now this uncertainty over grades is just making me feel a lot worse.
Success makes you happy, but failure makes you wise. Failure makes you consider alternative paths to reach the same goal. And this is something you have done. There's a saying that the difference between a student and the master, is that the master has failed more times than the student has tried. So don't give up. And another saying (to get you pumped up), 'everybody wants to be a beast until it's time to do what beasts do'. Most apex predators have a very low hunting success rate, but they're still at the top of the food chain because they don't give when the going gets tough. So wipe your tears and your sorrows, now is not the time for worry, but the time to hunt!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.47%
No (68)
39.53%

Watched Threads