Do I need to still revise for A level in Year 13?

Watch this thread
JustJCYT
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Should I still be revising even though A levels exams are cancelled? Or should I revise a little every day??? I am in Year 13.
randomm13
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
REVISE!!
what if suddenly they gonna be like
oh well looks like the corona has reduced in your area here u go
here's ur new timetable exams start next week
JustJCYT
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by randomm13)
REVISE!!
I get what you mean but they can't take back their statement though.
That'sGreat
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by randomm13)
REVISE!!
That isn’t how it works
locomocoa
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Well don’t listen to the previous poster. They have said no matter what happens exams for this academic year are cancelled. However; I will say maybe air on the side of caution and keep working. I know myself that my mock exam performance is not what I want to achieve and likely accept that these calculated grades will not be what I want. So just try and keep working in these dreadful times (at least it will give you something to do) unless you already know your grades will be super high, in that case don’t bother.
memethepineapple
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ad-as-expected

Here it says that the exams will remain cancelled should covid-19 not turn out to be as bad as expected. so i guess if you feel you might end up appealing your predicted grades then you should revise. Or say, like I'm doing Chemistry at uni this year (hopefully), so I'll probably do a bit of chemistry work just so I don't end up falling behind. It's up to you really
JStev71
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JustJCYT)
Should I still be revising even though A levels exams are cancelled? Or should I revise a little every day??? I am in Year 13.
Exams are definitely cancelled. I'd give your self a holiday then start learning what you're gonna be doing at uni if you're not taking exams in sept.
Academicbee123
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I’m doing nothing lol. My mocks and GCSES are all A*s so my predicted grades should be good (fingers crossed!) I’ll just be reading around my uni subject and learning about that, which is what I enjoy anyway. Only keep revising if you want to do the resits or you genuinely enjoy it/ occupies you.
Last edited by Academicbee123; 2 years ago
Crazy cacti
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hey I had no idea where to put this lol - basically I wanna go to med school and bc interviews fell the week before my mocks I did horrifically in chem I got a D ( my other subjects were good tho ) but all year in chem we don’t do too many class tests or anything and I’ve gotten C’s and B’s but no where near my prediction of an A. I am very doubtful that my teacher will give me an A and I’m thinking as well for personal reasons I want to do the exams in the summer of 2021 so do I need to tell my school this now ? Or wait ? Will I still go to class next year or just come in for exams ? Should I start revision? Should I ask the unis if I can have a deffered year ? Sorry if this is on the wrong page and I understand if you don’t have these answers bc it’s all new just want some advice ☺️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (113)
29.27%
It went fairly well (185)
47.93%
It didn't go too well (60)
15.54%
TERRIBLE! (28)
7.25%

Watched Threads