Nara_shortcake31
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
From the title, you can conclude that I am a scottish student aspiring to apply to medicine but I have a question about subject choice:

I intend on picking

Higher Biology
Higher Chemistry
Higher English
Higher Maths
Higher Psychology

but I have heard that psychology is considered soft and uni's might consider applicants that have did a higher in a more traditional academic like Social subs ,languages and business management,is this true???

People have suggested for me to crash higher business management or do a higher in history (cuz I did a nat 5) for it and then crash psychology in 6th year but I intend on doing 3 advanced highers (Chem,bio and English).

If I take higher psychology,do you think uni's will prefer applicants that did other more academic subjects.
stereotypeasian
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
unis care more about bio and chem and the rest of the sciences, I know people who did higher music and are currently doing advanced music , advanced bio and advanced chem - they got interviews and offers

"I have heard that psychology is considered soft and uni's might consider applicants that have did a higher in a more traditional academic like Social subs ,languages and business management" - where did you hear this, any sources ??, and "heard"=rumour

a higher subject is a higher , you get the same number of points and same SCQF level anyway so it does not matter whether you choose higher psychology or higher history or higher business management, if you want to be really sure email the admissions teams of all the unis you are interested in and ask ecolier

"People have suggested for me to crash higher business management or do a higher in history (cuz I did a nat 5) for it and then crash psychology in 6th year but I intend on doing 3 advanced highers (Chem,bio and English)" - do a subject you enjoy that way you have a higher chance of recieving 5As by the end of the year

I took higher english, maths , physics, chemistry and geography and mandarin in S5
In S6 I took HBSF, advanced physics, advanced chemistry , higher biology and higher psychology - got a ucat score of 665 band 3, received 3 interviews for medicine
Last edited by stereotypeasian; 1 week ago
Nara_shortcake31
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Oh ok thanks for the reply and congrats, did you hear from the uni's
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (205)
33.66%
No (404)
66.34%

Watched Threads