The Student Room Group

How to be productive during quarantine

Im in year 12 so im not completely f**ked by the coronavirus but I havent been doing to well at sixth form because of my lack of motivation. I was thinking that this will give the opportunity to improve my grades but my motivation seems to be even worse than when I was at school - like really bad.
Reply 1
Do you want to do well at A Level? Why/why not?
I'm a year 13 student and honestly by the end of year 12 I was so demotivated. I worked quite hard at the beginning of year 12 but slowly stopped and totally regret wasting the last few months of year 12 (although I don't have my exams anymore, i was revising hard now and was totally regretting relaxing in year 12). So, right now is the perfect time to catch up on things, especially since we can't exactly go out during this quarantine. And don't worry about being demotivated. With everything going on in the world right now, most people are. I'd suggest: - Make a list of what you want to do during this time in quarantine. Call it a quarantine to do list or something. - If you can, print of the specifications for each of your subjects. - Slowly start working your way through the specs. Start making revision notes. You don't have to properly learn or memorise them now, but even just making notes now will make your life so much easier in year 13. Go through it slowly as you have plenty of time with quarantine.- I'd suggest using quizlet for notes. It's so much easier than making flashcards/notes by hand. You can then print everything off when you're finished and use them to memorise/learn in year 13! - Aim for 1 to 2 hours of note making a day (have a break after 1 hour- about a 20 min one). No more than 2 hours tho! (Unless you're really into it and want to finish the topic!) - Reward yourself after your done with a netflix movie, food or something. Hope this helped. If you have any more questions or want more advice, feel free to ask!
Reply 3
Original post by ThomH97
Do you want to do well at A Level? Why/why not?

I obviously want to do well but maybe it’s because at gcse I didn’t try at all and got good grades from revising the day before the exam or even on the day of the exam, i just can’t convince my brain into realising that I won’t do well if i continue acting like this
Reply 4
Original post by studying12345
I'm a year 13 student and honestly by the end of year 12 I was so demotivated. I worked quite hard at the beginning of year 12 but slowly stopped and totally regret wasting the last few months of year 12 (although I don't have my exams anymore, i was revising hard now and was totally regretting relaxing in year 12). So, right now is the perfect time to catch up on things, especially since we can't exactly go out during this quarantine. And don't worry about being demotivated. With everything going on in the world right now, most people are. I'd suggest: - Make a list of what you want to do during this time in quarantine. Call it a quarantine to do list or something. - If you can, print of the specifications for each of your subjects. - Slowly start working your way through the specs. Start making revision notes. You don't have to properly learn or memorise them now, but even just making notes now will make your life so much easier in year 13. Go through it slowly as you have plenty of time with quarantine.- I'd suggest using quizlet for notes. It's so much easier than making flashcards/notes by hand. You can then print everything off when you're finished and use them to memorise/learn in year 13! - Aim for 1 to 2 hours of note making a day (have a break after 1 hour- about a 20 min one). No more than 2 hours tho! (Unless you're really into it and want to finish the topic!) - Reward yourself after your done with a netflix movie, food or something. Hope this helped. If you have any more questions or want more advice, feel free to ask!

Thank you so much, I’ll try to follow your advice and good luck with your alevels because I’m sure it’s really stressful for you guys especially after putting in so much work
Original post by Saeven
Thank you so much, I’ll try to follow your advice and good luck with your alevels because I’m sure it’s really stressful for you guys especially after putting in so much work

Thank you! Very! It's the uncertainty that makes it worse really! At least if we had done exams, we would come out knowing how we did and roughly what we would get. But now, I have no idea!! :frown: Anyway, good luck with your a levels! I'm sure you'll do well and will have motivation in year 13!! Lots of people get a little demotivated in year 12.
Original post by Saeven
Im in year 12 so im not completely f**ked by the coronavirus but I havent been doing to well at sixth form because of my lack of motivation. I was thinking that this will give the opportunity to improve my grades but my motivation seems to be even worse than when I was at school - like really bad.

I am at uni now but I know how it feels. I was so low during year 12 my college was not the best in the world for being organised! Use this time to take a small break, redefine your life goals and go after your dream. Wether that is a job, higher apprenticeship or university course.

Quick Reply

Latest