A-Level Preparation

Watch this thread
username4633074
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Since we have a very long holiday, I've decided to prioritise part of it to go over some basics to transition smoothly into Year 12.
If you've taken one or more of these:
Biology
Chemistry
Psychology

Please respond to this and let me know which key bits I should go over during the holidays.
Thank you!
studying12345
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I am a year 13 student and have done psychology. I would suggest finding out what exam board your school is doing for psychology and look at the specification. Just work your way through it in order. There should be lots of different websites with good revision materials for each topic. Even if you don't fully understand certain concepts, at least you'll be familiar with them when it comes to starting your a levels in year 12.

I did the AQA specification. In case your doing that spec, here's a link to it.

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resourc...82-SP-2015.PDF

The main page for AQA psychology a level is here: https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psyc...logy-7181-7182

For AQA, I'd suggest going over research methods first as this is quite a big topic and getting a good understanding of this topic first is crucial as it can come up in any paper and links to all topics (this will make more sense when you start your a level!). Although it's probably the most boring topic (most people don't like it), it will give you a really good headstart.

Any psychology questions, feel free to ask!

Hope this helped.
gilliewolf
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Biology - just start from the beginning trust me it will be helpful as there is so much to know in such detail
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.94%
The paper was reasonable (190)
48.84%
Not feeling great about that exam... (98)
25.19%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
10.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed