Best to stop watching the news, it only makes things worse?

Watch
Ambitious1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
No news is good news.

Seen as we know all the precautions to take and the lockdown, watching the news now serves no purpose. The news only serves to make people more anxious and depressed and provoke our fear and misery..

TV and radio news.
Depressing. Nothing but bad news.

Facebook.
I stopped looking at Facebook 2 days ago because I was fed up to the back teeth of logging on and seeing the latest horror story staring you in the face. FB seems to be full of bad depressing news. Problem with FB unlike other forums is there always something unpleasant to catch your eye.

News notifications sky BBC etc
Again full of the of bad news with regular horror stories several times an hour. Switched off notifications on my IPad last Tuesday after 273 notifications on CV in only 7 hours!

Watching the news will only create more misery. We know the precautions so we can avoid the news.

Instead watch something nice. A movie, do a painting, jigsaw or anything.

No news is good news!
Last edited by Ambitious1999; 1 year ago
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd say watch it once a day, then you'll know when it's gotten to the point of everyone being confined to their own home.
independentx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m not watching the news anymore because it’s reminding me that this is gonna be going on for an indefinite period and making me feel even more ****ty and depressed than I already do.

My dad, however, insists on reading news out to me off his FB - I’ve tried to ask him to stop but he won’t. So other than that I’m mostly trying to avoid it now.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ignorance in bliss.
TheMcSame
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ThomH97)
I'd say watch it once a day, then you'll know when it's gotten to the point of everyone being confined to their own home.
This pretty much, just flick on BBC News to watch Boris' brief and be done with it for the day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads