The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

University Of Leicester Accommodation - The Pavilions - John Foster

Hi, I have applied to start at Leicester to study History & Politics BA. I've looked online at The Pavilions, and I think that I will go for an en-suite, but I can't find any pictures of the bathrooms. It would be nice to see pictures of them before I firm Leicester as I have never actually seen the accommodation there - Does anyone have any?

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
Hi, I've applied to do Politics & IR at Leicester but I've booked accom at their city living site
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 01111magic
I think that’s a good choice- but a warning please don’t go for glebe court so much trouble last year and people being moved. John foster is spacious everyone I know who lived there this year had good experiences!

Hi. I'm gonna be a first year in september and i've booked accom at Nixon Court. Was this a good idea? I've heard i'm gonna be missing out as i wont be at the village
100% go for Nixon because you have to pay like £200 for a bus pass for the bus shuttle, there are always massive questions for the busses because some are missed off. And you get to experience the city more rather than just oadby. There will be more international students in city living too which means you meet more people
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
100% go for Nixon because you have to pay like £200 for a bus pass for the bus shuttle, there are always massive questions for the busses because some are missed off. And you get to experience the city more rather than just oadby. There will be more international students in city living too which means you meet more people

Will the social life still be just as good as Oadby? Talking about parties and stuff
Original post by 0kby
Will the social life still be just as good as Oadby? Talking about parties and stuff

Yes of course even better tbh because you don’t have to pay or get in strangers ubers to get back and have more time to spend out rather than having to get back to oadby because of a lack of ubers and it’s so close to the centre.

One thing I also would recommend is requesting to be with at least someone doing the same course which is what you can do so you have one friend that you know whose on your course and living with
Reply 6
Yes of course even better tbh because you don’t have to pay or get in strangers ubers to get back and have more time to spend out rather than having to get back to oadby because of a lack of ubers and it’s so close to the centre.

One thing I also would recommend is requesting to be with at least someone doing the same course which is what you can do so you have one friend that you know whose on your course and living with

That’s a good idea and thank you for the clarification

Are you a second year? I take it you stayed at city living first year?
Original post by 0kby
That’s a good idea and thank you for the clarification

Are you a second year? I take it you stayed at city living first year?

Yes I’m second year now! Although term has cancelled because of uni being cancelled!
Yes I’m second year now! Although term has cancelled because of uni being cancelled!

Because of the pandemic with the virus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending