Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Just before I left school on Friday a teacher told me she had something I lost and asked me if I wanted it now or after "we came back to school" but I replied after "I came back to school" I might have put too much emphasis on "I" or maybe it was because I was moving my hands too much because this girl pointed at me or the teacher and started to laugh. I thought that I might have implied that I thought that I thought that the teacher was going to die and I was going to live because of the corona virus. I just walked quickly out of the room without saying anything.
Now I know that this is a stupid thing to obsess about but this is not the only thing that I obsessed about I am shy person and do not talk much. I have obsessed about things like this for weeks after the incident but I just can't stop. Over the years I have been unable to do anything because my mind will go back to whatever the recent stupid thing was.
Does anyone have any tips to help me to stop obsessing about things like this I think it is hindering me.
BobbyB123456
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just before I left school on Friday a teacher told me she had something I lost and asked me if I wanted it now or after "we came back to school" but I replied after "I came back to school" I might have put too much emphasis on "I" or maybe it was because I was moving my hands too much because this girl pointed at me or the teacher and started to laugh. I thought that I might have implied that I thought that I thought that the teacher was going to die and I was going to live because of the corona virus. I just walked quickly out of the room without saying anything.
Now I know that this is a stupid thing to obsess about but this is not the only thing that I obsessed about I am shy person and do not talk much. I have obsessed about things like this for weeks after the incident but I just can't stop. Over the years I have been unable to do anything because my mind will go back to whatever the recent stupid thing was.
Does anyone have any tips to help me to stop obsessing about things like this I think it is hindering me.
I can relate to you so much. People realise that i obsess about stupid little things, mostly about what others think about me, and it made me so anxiuos and difficult to talke to poeple. to stop this i usually do something to distract myslef such as read a book or wathc tv. sorry for the spelling, for some reason i cannot spell right now. hope this helps
jamiet0185
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm gonna be honest I don't really know how to make this kind of thing better - although I'm sure someone on here will. But if you ever feel like you need to talk you are more than welcome to message me and I'll be here to listen 👍😁
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads