Report Thread starter 5 days ago
What absolute cretins and imbeciles, don't understand society these days
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news...otVNbS3ZRJe9qI
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Unbelievable, I really wonder what goes through some people's minds, if anything.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I was about to say should have tear gassed/pepper sprayed the lot of them but for some reason i imagine that'll make these acts worse. On the flip side blast them with a water cannon or taser them should work nicely.
joey11223
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hmm people have no respect for police officers at all. Wonder if it were the army they'd behave any differently?

Is it just our culture, are we overly arrogant/disrespectful of all authority? Is it due to our police being perceived as "soft"? I mean in many other European nations, particularly central/Eastern, if you spat in an officers face you'd soon get the smile wiped off yours.
Gkaori
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
i stg brits are the most vile and disrespectful nation, some of the things i’ve seen, read and heard. people need to get their heads out of their asses!

before all you “not all brits..” come at me, if this post doesn’t apply to you keep scrolling
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Three thugs spat and coughed all over an elderly couple last week and when they complained the thugs gave her a black eye.
Time for corporal punishment for the most egregious cases of violent crime.
Wōden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 20 hours ago
(Original post by joey11223)
Hmm people have no respect for police officers at all. Wonder if it were the army they'd behave any differently?

Is it just our culture, are we overly arrogant/disrespectful of all authority? Is it due to our police being perceived as "soft"? I mean in many other European nations, particularly central/Eastern, if you spat in an officers face you'd soon get the smile wiped off yours.
Going by the friends I have in the army, anybody who spat at them would at the very least be going home without their teeth.

I don't now what the answer is. Maybe if our police carried firearms it would give people a bit more pause for thought. I do believe the fact that entry requirements for the police have been progressively loosened over the years doesn't help. I see far too many officers these days who are well below average height, unfit or overweight, and generally carry no air of authority about them whatsoever. And call me sexist all you want, but how are petite, 20 something women who even the weakest men could easily overpower, actually any use as a frontline police officers? Authority is not just derived from a uniform that says 'Police', you do actually have to back it up with the threat of force, and it seems a lot of officers are incapable of that.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 19 hours ago
This is now classed as common assault.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (45)
60%
No (30)
40%

Watched Threads