mettehall
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi!

I am an international student and I have received an unconditional offer (we already got our grades) from Kings. However, I am not yet 100% sure about which uni I'll choose.

Does it matter at which point you apply for accommodation? Does applying near the deadline lower your chances of getting the accommodation you want or what? How about applicants receiving their offers super close to the accommodation applying deadline: doesn't it give a huge head start to all the "good" accommodation places for applicants who got their offers earlier? I am so confused and have no idea how this whole "applying for accommodation" thing works, please share your wisdom

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for accommodation? My course would be taught at Strand campus. Would you recommend King's' own accommodation or the one shared with other London unis? What differences different King's' acc options have compared to each other?

Thank you so so much for help in advance! Any advice would be highly appreciated <3
linaa8
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mettehall)
Hi!

I am an international student and I have received an unconditional offer (we already got our grades) from Kings. However, I am not yet 100% sure about which uni I'll choose.

Does it matter at which point you apply for accommodation? Does applying near the deadline lower your chances of getting the accommodation you want or what? How about applicants receiving their offers super close to the accommodation applying deadline: doesn't it give a huge head start to all the "good" accommodation places for applicants who got their offers earlier? I am so confused and have no idea how this whole "applying for accommodation" thing works, please share your wisdom

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for accommodation? My course would be taught at Strand campus. Would you recommend King's' own accommodation or the one shared with other London unis? What differences different King's' acc options have compared to each other?

Thank you so so much for help in advance! Any advice would be highly appreciated <3
I was accepted to KCL, but ending up rejecting the offer. When I was searching for accommodation at King's as I'm an international student like you, this link helped sort some info: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/accommodation Also, I've heard from other international students that it was best to sort your accommodation info asap so that you somewhat have an upper hand rather than just being "tossed" into the last available options. GradPad is also an option, expensive but seems nicely done. It's close to Imperial if that's one of your options, since you're not 100% settled on King's
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.8%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (13)
16.46%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.39%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.71%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.72%

Watched Threads