bishop2475
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I'm worried about Nat 5 maths, I've resat it twice and now have to do a 3rd once the schools open again, is there any way to learn it better? I can do simultaneous equations and arithmetic, but things such as algebra and trigonometry are hard for me to understand
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by bishop2475)
So I'm worried about Nat 5 maths, I've resat it twice and now have to do a 3rd once the schools open again, is there any way to learn it better? I can do simultaneous equations and arithmetic, but things such as algebra and trigonometry are hard for me to understand
Are the exams in Scotland not cancelled - won't you receive a predicted grade?
Spoiler:
Show

Have you tried watching videos to understand the topics?
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thanks for the tag _Mia101

Hi bishop2475 :wavey:

Where are you at in terms of what you had been doing this year? Obviously now that there won't be an exam, things are a bit different than planned...Do you think based on the evidence your teachers will have available (prelim, class tests, etc.) that you'll need to look at resitting next year?
bishop2475
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Labrador99)
Thanks for the tag _Mia101

Hi bishop2475 :wavey:

Where are you at in terms of what you had been doing this year? Obviously now that there won't be an exam, things are a bit different than planned...Do you think based on the evidence your teachers will have available (prelim, class tests, etc.) that you'll need to look at resitting next year?
Well I passed 2 out of 3 tests and done quite bad on the prelim, but was expected to get at least a C
AC79
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well I passed 2 out of 3 tests and done quite bad on the prelim, but was expected to get at least a C
A C is a pass, were you needing to obtain a higher grade or a pass?
Anonymous856
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What I found useful was designating specific days to practice specific topics, like planning to revise a section of trigonometry on Monday and then doing sample questions on the Tuesday to see how much I could remover from the previous night.

the first website when typing “National 5 Maths” into google is great too!
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I think at the minute, assuming a C will get you to the next step for what you want to do, try not to worry about it too much (though appreciate that's easier said than done ). It's pretty much out of everyone's control at the minute, and while I know that's probably not at all reassuring, remember that exams matter only to a point...Since it's an exam you might not or might have to sit in a year and a bit's time, for now I'd recommend focusing on the certainty of doing things you enjoy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (228)
33.78%
No (447)
66.22%

Watched Threads