The Student Room Group

Modelling

Hi a few months ago a man and a woman approached me in Topshop on Oxford street and told me I was beautiful and that they wanted me to model for their brand. I, in a state of shock denied as I wouldn’t consider myself attractive and have never been told so apart from by people over a certain age. I’m 5,10, very very skinny (which looks awful I look like a rat), blue eyes and red hair. Most the time tbh people compliment only my hair, my parents and family members don’t think I’m attractive either. It was probably a scam, or I just have the ‘right’ skeletal physique that is desired right?
You’re skinny. They look for tall Anorexic people most of the time
I’m not anorexic lol I’m just very very skinny unfortunately, you’re right though if I was larger and shorter they wouldn’t give me a second glance
Original post by limoncelloispeng
I’m not anorexic lol I’m just very very skinny unfortunately, you’re right though if I was larger and shorter they wouldn’t give me a second glance

Yep 100% correct there although it could have just been a full of weirdo who wanted to talk some pictures
they don't care about face because they can make your face look pretty with good professional makeup
True, but there are many skinny girls out their much more pretty than I am
True, but there are many skinny girls out their much more pretty than I am

your face can go from a 5 to a 10 with a good professional makeup artist and high end expensive makeup brands

the modelling agency can even buy you a new face (i.e. plastic cosmetic surgery)
But I don’t have model features although imm skinny I have a chubby face
But I don’t have model features although imm skinny I have a chubby face

Photoshop, makeup, lighting and hair styles will make your chubby face a cute face. Although imo you’re probably already cute
Pahahaha thanks the big problem is being a ginger lmao
Hi a few months ago a man and a woman approached me in Topshop on Oxford street and told me I was beautiful and that they wanted me to model for their brand. I, in a state of shock denied as I wouldn’t consider myself attractive and have never been told so apart from by people over a certain age. I’m 5,10, very very skinny (which looks awful I look like a rat), blue eyes and red hair. Most the time tbh people compliment only my hair, my parents and family members don’t think I’m attractive either. It was probably a scam, or I just have the ‘right’ skeletal physique that is desired right?

Heya!! So firstly thats cool man, definetely I'd go for it
But definetely check which agency it is, and if its legit. Some are scams unfortunetely which will get you to pay loads for photoshoots and no follow ups
But having said that, they definetely scout in central lnd and its been known for them to target Oxford Street
and lastely think carefully about the modelling industry, parts are very toxic
My mum was in it for 7yrs and shes told me how, although its fun, it makes you extremely self-conscious about your appearence and if you have an odd looking face you'll be in demand and chucked out quickly..
ppl are very temporary in that sense
HOWEVER - if you'll get paid it would be a brill, easy income xx
Pahahaha thanks the big problem is being a ginger lmao

Dye hair, temporarily makeup and photoshop again.

Imo a lot of models are ginger
Imo you’ll end up crying some nights as you’re poorly treated
@mimiminx3310 oh that’s so cool! I think because I don’t think of myself as attractive and have never grown up believing so it’s not the best idea, extra cash sounds amazing though ahaha but I might just work at Tesco’s lmao xxx

Quick Reply

Latest