Piercing problems

Watch
cookie12379
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Ok i’ve had my 2nd hole done in my lobe for 8 months give or take and i can not get them to heal. I’ve changed the jewellery to custom sterling silver ones that are 16mm long so that my ear had plenty room to swell (i have chubby lobes, so my piercer says) and no matter what i do they won’t stop bleeding? sometimes there’s puss but it’s pretty hard to tell with all the blood, they’re super sore to touch and i clean them with just plain old hot water every night because salt dries them out too much. Does anyone have any idea what i can do? yes i got them done with a gun, this is also the second time i’ve had my 2nd hole done as the first time the earrings were too short and wouldn't heal so i had to take them out
BRH1234
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by cookie12379)
Ok i’ve had my 2nd hole done in my lobe for 8 months give or take and i can not get them to heal. I’ve changed the jewellery to custom sterling silver ones that are 16mm long so that my ear had plenty room to swell (i have chubby lobes, so my piercer says) and no matter what i do they won’t stop bleeding? sometimes there’s puss but it’s pretty hard to tell with all the blood, they’re super sore to touch and i clean them with just plain old hot water every night because salt dries them out too much. Does anyone have any idea what i can do? yes i got them done with a gun, this is also the second time i’ve had my 2nd hole done as the first time the earrings were too short and wouldn't heal so i had to take them out
Not gonna lie ( I’m no professional) it sounds very infected, having thick ear lobes shouldn’t be a problem tbh, best thing to do is take them out clean them with saline and leave the, to close up, once it’s closed you can maybe try again
myst451
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ever tried TCP and water if you find salt too drying?? I've had mine get really infected before (cartilage also) and TCP has always worked quite well for me.
cookie12379
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by myst451)
ever tried TCP and water if you find salt too drying?? I've had mine get really infected before (cartilage also) and TCP has always worked quite well for me.
I’ll try see if i can find some and give that a try! i’m really not ready to give up on them yet because i don’t think i’d be able to get them pierced again since this is already the second time! thank you!
myst451
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by cookie12379)
I’ll try see if i can find some and give that a try! i’m really not ready to give up on them yet because i don’t think i’d be able to get them pierced again since this is already the second time! thank you!
Hope it goes well!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (50)
60.24%
No (17)
20.48%
Not sure (16)
19.28%

Watched Threads