Urgent gave uni wrong information on accident

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I said to my uni on UCAS that I had sickle cell anaemia but I stupidly don't have that and have beta thalassemia major. I don't know if that will make them reject me or not. What should I do? 😭
Treetop321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If it was an accident, they should understand.
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Withdrawn.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Treetop321)
If it was an accident, they should understand.
But could they reject me for it?

(Original post by Xarao)
Withdrawn.
Will they reject me? I didn't know myself.
Treetop321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Will they reject me? I didn't know myself.
It would be extremely unfair for them to reject you. I wouldn't expect them to reject you.
Anonymous #1
ecolier Reality Check can they reject me?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I said to my uni on UCAS that I had sickle cell anaemia but I stupidly don't have that and have beta thalassemia major. I don't know if that will make them reject me or not. What should I do? 😭
I don't think so. Is your offer reduced because of your medical condition?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
I don't think so. Is your offer reduced because of your medical condition?
No. They just asked for any health conditions on UCAS. And I always thought I had sickle cell anemia as my doctor mentioned it a few times but today my mum said I don't have it and I have beta thalassemia
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
No. They just asked for any health conditions on UCAS. And I always thought I had sickle cell anemia as my doctor mentioned it a few times but today my mum said I don't have it and I have beta thalassemia
In that case, you should have no problems. If you genuinely believe that you had this condition, it's fine. Contact UCAS and let them know at some point next week.

Bear in mind they'd be very busy from this A Level exam cancellation business!
Anonymous #1
In that case, you should have no problems. If you genuinely believe that you had this condition, it's fine. Contact UCAS and let them know at some point next week.

Bear in mind they'd be very busy from this A Level exam cancellation business!
Okay I've applied for nursing so I thought this would be a problem but I have separate health check forums to fill out for my nursing course.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Okay I've applied for nursing so I thought this would be a problem but I have separate health check forums to fill out for my nursing course.
Yes, you'll need to let Uni know. But it shouldn't affect the offer.
Anonymous #1
Yes, you'll need to let Uni know. But it shouldn't affect the offer.
Would I need to phone ucas or the uni or both?
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Would I need to phone ucas or the uni or both?
To be safe, I'd contact both.
tputnam
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
They just need to know if they need to prepare for any support/accessibility for potential students and can reach out to you early on if you get a place with them. It isn't an issue at all, once you're at uni you can speak to them more in detail if it'll impact your study
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tputnam)
They just need to know if they need to prepare for any support/accessibility for potential students and can reach out to you early on if you get a place with them. It isn't an issue at all, once you're at uni you can speak to them more in detail if it'll impact your study
Thankyou
To be safe, I'd contact both.
Thankyou so much.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
ecolier Reality Check can they reject me?
Thanks for tagging me. I agree with what ecolier has told you.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
Contact UCAS and ask to request a change to your application. I had to update some details and they just sent a form and requested proof of ID. It's not the end of the world you aren't going to be rejected for a mistake unless you've deliberately lied on your application. Give them a ring and relax, hope you get the offers you want!
Templatesun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Templatesun)
No, it was a simple mistake when filling in your application. Think about it logically why would they reject you? It's not like you have lied about your grades.
When you attend a university they have a duty of care towards you so UCAS ask you for any medical conditions so the university knows who may require extra support should you require it etc.

I've found this website that may help: https://universitycompare.com/advice...s-application/

I would give UCAS a call or contact them on social media to request a change to your personal details. Please don't worry, I feel you're getting concerned about something that won't happen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (82)
62.12%
No (50)
37.88%

Watched Threads