Driving Lessons and Coronavirus

Watch
StressedLemonZ3
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So, I’ve been learning to drive for the past month and I’ve made a lot of progress; but with everything that is going on should I pause my lessons for a little while? Especially as tests aren’t available for at least 3 months.
I work in a school which although has technically closed, is open for key worker pupils, EHCP/ vulnerable pupils so I will be around them once a week until we either get shut down completely or are back at at school.

Also I believe I fall under the vulnerable bracket due to my asthma, so obviously in a car the social distancing 1 or 2 metre gap is completely impossible.

Should I stop my lessons? Should I not go to work?
Help 😭
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If you want to continue learning, do so with a parent if possible - i.e. someone you'd get the virus off anyway because you're loving with them. Ideally stop though.

What do you do in school once a week?
StressedLemonZ3
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThomH97)
If you want to continue learning, do so with a parent if possible - i.e. someone you'd get the virus off anyway because you're loving with them. Ideally stop though.

What do you do in school once a week?
I’m a teaching assistant usually but due to being shut I’m just there to supervise the children who still do have to be in school.
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by StressedLemonZ3)
I’m a teaching assistant usually but due to being shut I’m just there to supervise the children who still do have to be in school.
Who supervises them the other 4 days? Ideally the school should have 1 person while the others self isolate, rather than involving more people :/ But I guess that's not your decision.
StressedLemonZ3
Rep:
?
We’ve got a rota that includes all staff. Due to the number of vulnerable children we have, we need 3-4 members of staff onsite.
Ambitious1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by StressedLemonZ3)
So, I’ve been learning to drive for the past month and I’ve made a lot of progress; but with everything that is going on should I pause my lessons for a little while? Especially as tests aren’t available for at least 3 months.
I work in a school which although has technically closed, is open for key worker pupils, EHCP/ vulnerable pupils so I will be around them once a week until we either get shut down completely or are back at at school.

Also I believe I fall under the vulnerable bracket due to my asthma, so obviously in a car the social distancing 1 or 2 metre gap is completely impossible.

Should I stop my lessons? Should I not go to work?
Help 😭
I think the 3 month suspension of tests is in the worst case. If the disease clears sooner these extreme measures could be relaxed to perhaps 6-8 weeks rather than 3 months.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.47%
No (68)
39.53%

Watched Threads