Hows food hunting going?

Watch
Ferrograd
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Pretty dire situation where I am. Not too bad though if you look around. Just been out to get some bits, no bread in either Tesco or Co-Op. If you ask me, they should transfer the food that NHS workers need to a private, secret location, tell them privately by text or email, and provide police to secure the facility. That way you don't get selfish morons trying to take what they need. This country is a joke. People are so selfish, maybe some of them deserve to get the virus. Thatcher destroyed what was left of the community spirit of this country with her comments such as "no such thing as society" and it shows.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Ferrograd)
Pretty dire situation where I am. Not too bad though if you look around. Just been out to get some bits, no bread in either Tesco or Co-Op. If you ask me, they should transfer the food that NHS workers need to a private, secret location, tell them privately by text or email, and provide police to secure the facility. That way you don't get selfish morons trying to take what they need. This country is a joke. People are so selfish, maybe some of them deserve to get the virus. Thatcher destroyed what was left of the community spirit of this country with her comments such as "no such thing as society" and it shows.
The country is not a joke, but there are some selfish and irresponsible people.
Most people are staying in but large numbers are idiots.
Just go earlyish, also try smaller shops and markets.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I have everything I need from shopping around and changing my meals. Sometimes you just have to get a little creative.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm not a fussy eater so I'd usually just eat anything I could find, so it hasn't really been an issue for me.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Both of my local Aldis were fully stocked and not very busy today. Peeved they didn't have Parmesan! 😂

Bought bread and milk from my local Spar yesterday. There was even toilet paper!

Milkman is getting through fine. Thankfully the cows get milked regardless of what is going on.
Last edited by ByEeek; 4 days ago
Kitten in boots
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
People aren't really panic buying.

The figures were £1 billion extra spent on food over three weeks. Which is £15 a person. That is nothing given we aren't buying stuff in cafes, restaurants, etc.

It's just the supermarkets don't have the logistics to cope with an unforeseen increase in demand.

We sure as well are getting on our high horses and moralising about panic buying though.

Anyway, I've had no problem getting a decent shop in. Had to skip chicken as that has been unavailable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.12%
No (69)
39.88%

Watched Threads