The Student Room Group

How are year 12s revising?

My teachers haven’t sent out any work yet, but I’m planning to stick to my school timetable. I haven’t been sleeping that well, but I’m pushing myself to wake up at 8am each day.
Original post by Anonymousamie
My teachers haven’t sent out any work yet, but I’m planning to stick to my school timetable. I haven’t been sleeping that well, but I’m pushing myself to wake up at 8am each day.

I wouldn’t force myself to wake up at 8am if I were you because you won’t work well if you’re tired after not sleeping well. I find that the best thing for me is finishing realistic goals of how much revision I do in a day so for me that 6 hours (if you do end up getting work set, I would include this in my timetable). Personally, I wake up at 10:30 shower and eat to either start at 11:00/11:30/12:00 and I check my emails for my work set and do that first with breaks in between everything. I also use my free time in between waking up and starting to plan all the work I’ll do in the day and at what time I’ll do it so that I can stick to the timetable.
I haven't done any work since school closed. Gonna start next week and just stick to my school timetable (but in later hours).
Original post by Baby_Mama
I haven't done any work since school closed. Gonna start next week and just stick to my school timetable (but in later hours).

That’s exactly what I do! I use my school timetable as a guide for the work that I’m going to do but instead of starting at 08:50 like I normally would I start at 10:30.
Wake up at 9
Do your morning routine
Start at 10:30
Do subject one for 1 hour
Do subject two for 1 hour
have your lunch and rest for an hour
Do subject 3 for 1 hour
Do subject 4 for 1 hour
Have a snack for 30 min time limit
Do subject 1
Do subject 2
Have dinner 1-hour time limit