66.67%
London met university (0)
0%
salma.elk
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have applied for Greenwich, Kingston, London met, Westminster and Middlesex university to study sociology and at the moment, and i just don't which uni would be best for me.

Pls help.
Last edited by salma.elk; 2 weeks ago
librans
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by salma.elk)
I have applied for Greenwich, Kingston, London met, Westminster and Middlesex university to study sociology and at the moment, and i just don't which uni would be best for me.

Pls help.
Honestly I went to an open day at Westminster last December and I completely fell in love with the professors, the students and so on
salma.elk
Rep:
?
(Original post by librans)
Honestly I went to an open day at Westminster last December and I completely fell in love with the professors, the students and so on
what course did you apply for?
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Pls help.
Hey salma.elk

I appreciate the difficulty in trying to choose a university during these tough times.

However, I would go on each of the universities websites and have a look if they have any virtual tours of the campus. You could also email a general enquiry line and ask if it would be possible for you to speak to an academic over the phone.

Let me know if I can help at all!

Best of luck,

Ashley
salma.elk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hey salma.elk

I appreciate the difficulty in trying to choose a university during these tough times.

However, I would go on each of the universities websites and have a look if they have any virtual tours of the campus. You could also email a general enquiry line and ask if it would be possible for you to speak to an academic over the phone.

Let me know if I can help at all!

Best of luck,

Ashley
I've looked at some virtual tours, but i'm still unsure, i might email them as you suggested.
Thank you for the advice
librans
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
what course did you apply for?
Unfortunately I didn't apply at Westminster for economic reasons (living in London is quite expensive), but when I visited the Uni I wanted to apply for Chinese and Politics. The professors were so friendly! They gave me an excellent impression of the Uni. If I were economically independent I would totally apply there.
Pharyngotympanic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Open university.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've looked at some virtual tours, but i'm still unsure, i might email them as you suggested.
Thank you for the advice
Hey,

That's great!

Best of luck,
Ashley
Ola Middlesex
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Pls help.
From my experience I can say they Middlesex is great univeristy, tutors are very supportive and they trully care about you. Campus is reaaally nice, same with the library, and printing is for free! Every single year they add more things and make campus even nicer and better so you want to spend time there and it's easy to get there, you just need to take northern line. If you have more questions I am happy to help!
93jamesmd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Pls help.
I enjoyed my time at the University of Westminster primarily down to its central location. I would consider it to be the most centrally located campus when comparing it to other London based universities. As you mention Sociology, this would mean you'd be studying at the Regents Street campus which is a right next to the BBC at the top of the street. this campus has really retained its traditional history and authenticity yet has had considerable investment over the past six years. The teachers have always been approachable and on your side. They will be keen to keep in touch with your progress and to make sure you have all the help you can get.
One thing I took from it was the wide ranging job opportunities that students can apply for whilst completing their studies. The universities have great links to internship work which provides some key experience when you do eventually leave.
UniofGreenwich
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Pls help.
Hi! I’m currently a student at Greenwich

It can be really tricky to try and pick a uni when you have so many options- I had the same problem trying to decide on a uni.

Here are some things that you could do:

Compare rankings in areas that are important to you such as student satisfaction

When I was applying to uni, student satisfaction was really important to me as it can tell you a lot about how satisfied students are with their courses.

You can check the satisfaction by subject and generally overall- I’ve attached a link so you can have a look for yourself
https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...t-satisfaction

I would also think about what you’re looking for at uni whether that’s nightlife, the teaching, the location, living away from home etc

I would say Greenwich is a really accessible place to get to if you were planning on commuting. We have a train station and DLR station nearby, buses all around and even a ferry service! If you were interested in living away from home we also have some accommodation near every campus.

If you’re interested in working whilst studying it may also be a good idea to check if the uni offers any part time employment to students.

At Greenwich there is an opportunity for students to apply to our student ambassador scheme which allows students to have flexible work that fits around their studies. I’m a student ambassador myself so I get the opportunity to work on open days and in various other roles.

Going to open days is also a great chance to get a feel of the place and see if it suits your personality. Have you gone to any open days yet?

If you have any more questions let me know- I’ll be more than happy to answer

Devina
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (341)
34.8%
No (639)
65.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed