ZedTV
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m currently in year 11. I want to study biology, maths, sociology and religious studies for A level. I will probably look into a human sciences under grade degree. Is this a good combination?
Megan_90
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Biology and maths is a good choice. However, some knowledge in chemistry is necessary in human sciences undergraduate. I would recommend chemistry as an option. But only go for it if you are certain you can manage the work load! If you are planning to do biology and maths, and wish to take chemistry, I don't recommend a fourth subject since the work load is going to be high. Instead aim to get excellent grades in 3 relevant subjects. Think carefully and go with the subjects that you truly enjoy studying. Good luck
Last edited by Megan_90; 2 weeks ago
ZedTV
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Megan_90)
Biology and maths is a good choice. However, some knowledge in chemistry is necessary in human sciences undergraduate. I would recommend chemistry as an option. But only go for it if you are certain you can manage the work load! If you are planning to do biology and maths, and wish to take chemistry, I don't recommend a fourth subject since the work load is going to be high. Instead aim to get excellent grades in 3 relevant subjects. Think carefully and go with the subjects that you truly enjoy studying. Good luck
Thanks so much!
Would you say a grade 8/9 in gcse chemistry is enough? Or do I have to take a lvl Chem (I really don’t like chemistry- it’s one of my last options)
Megan_90
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ZedTV)
Thanks so much!
Would you say a grade 8/9 in gcse chemistry is enough? Or do I have to take a lvl Chem (I really don’t like chemistry- it’s one of my last options)
8/9 is good to do A-level chemistry. If you really don’t like it, don’t do it! What I was saying was that knowledge in chemistry will help you with the human sciences studies at uni. However, if you are not so good with chemistry GCSE, I do not recommend that you take A-level chemistry. It can be difficult. But as long as you have good grades in A-level biology and maths, most universities will accept you for sure. Don’t panic, study hard during your A-levels!
beth_m925
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ZedTV)
I’m currently in year 11. I want to study biology, maths, sociology and religious studies for A level. I will probably look into a human sciences under grade degree. Is this a good combination?
My best advice would be yes to do biology and maths and otherwise do subjects you will enjoy and get the best grade possible in. Are you doing 4 for a particular reason because it’s a lot of extra work. I’d consider if the extra a level is necessary because if you didn’t you could put even more time into 3 and get the best grades if you get me! (Unless you want to apply to oxbridge then 4 may show extra academic ability if you do well) Hope this helps 💕
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (286)
34.17%
No (551)
65.83%

Watched Threads