ZedTV
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m currently in year 11. I want to study biology, maths, sociology and religious studies for A level. I will probably look into a human sciences under grade degree. Is this a good combination?
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ZedTV)
I’m currently in year 11. I want to study biology, maths, sociology and religious studies for A level. I will probably look into a human sciences under grade degree. Is this a good combination?
Hey!

I would recommend changing one of your options (either Sociology or Religious Studies) to Chemistry, to open up more doors.
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ZedTV)
I'd advise that you check a few uni requirements to ensure that you are meeting the subject requirements for the courses you are thinking of doing. I do think like 5hyl33n said, chemistry is generally a good idea (With bio) for science degrees
Last edited by _Mia101; 1 year ago
ZedTV
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Mia101)
I'd advise that you check a few uni requirements to ensure that you are meeting the subject requirements for the courses you are thinking of doing. I do think like 5hyl33n said, chemistry is generally a good idea (With bio) for science.
Thanks, for the quick reply!😂

even my teachers were saying to do bio with Chem, but honestly I don’t want even think of chemistry ever again! I hate , same with psychology because I want to look into human science but avoid these 2 subjects
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ZedTV)

even my teachers were saying to do bio with Chem, but honestly I don’t want even think of chemistry ever again! I hate , same with psychology because I want to look into human science but avoid these 2 subjects
You're welcome

Ah! Well, perhaps you should think about what you want to do in uni more... you have time (since there are no exams anymore) - maybe do a MOOC, or read into it to make sure that you will like it. Especially as (I believe) human sciences would have quite a bit of chemistry in its degree, but again check the entry requirements of some unis to be sure.
ClayJensen817
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ZedTV)

Please do take another science. Sociology and Religious studies will get you nowhere sad to say. Physics would also do at some unis. But Chemistry is ideal. And yes, do 3 A levels. Not 4. 4 will not get you anywhere. RS and Sociology are weak A levels anyway
m.24s
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Shud drop biology or maths. They’re too difficult to do together tbh
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by m.24s)
Shud drop biology or maths. They’re too difficult to do together tbh
Not really. It’s just about time management.
ZedTV
Rep:
?
Omg guys, thanks so much, all of you for the prompt support!

I was probably thing going down the old route of 3 a lvls and 1 as level. What if, as it’s for human sciences- bio, maths, psychology and sociology. (One being an as?)

Honestly, I don’t want to do chemistry (would gcse knowledge be enough, I’m predicted a grade 8 for chemistry btw but absolutely hate it and some concepts confused me, I can’t imagine how a level chem is...)
ClayJensen817
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ZedTV)
Omg guys, thanks so much, all of you for the prompt support!

I was probably thing going down the old route of 3 a lvls and 1 as level. What if, as it’s for human sciences- bio, maths, psychology and sociology. (One being an as?)

Honestly, I don’t want to do chemistry (would gcse knowledge be enough, I’m predicted a grade 8 for chemistry btw but absolutely hate it and some concepts confused me, I can’t imagine how a level chem is...)
I did A level chem. It... is... HARDDDDDDD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.44%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.78%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
40%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.56%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.22%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.44%

Watched Threads