ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

Welcome to the Cardiff University A100 2021 Entry Discussion.

Cardif A100 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6022452

For general information click: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/unde...medicine-mbbch

For entry requirements click: (see above)

Cardiff Medicine 2021 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6976422

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
ENR123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone I'm a current 2nd year medic at Cardiff University going into my 3rd year September. I'm here to answer any questions you have. Look forward to discussions!
Anya.jm13
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi, so do you go to Cardiff for medicine at the moment?if so, I am really keen on applying here for 2021 entry and I was wondering does Cardiff take UCAT scores seriously, do they look out for anything specific in personal statements, what is the interview process like, and what is the course outline like?thank you!
ENR123
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anya.jm13)
Hi, so do you go to Cardiff for medicine at the moment?if so, I am really keen on applying here for 2021 entry and I was wondering does Cardiff take UCAT scores seriously, do they look out for anything specific in personal statements, what is the interview process like, and what is the course outline like?thank you!
I am so sorry did not see this yes I'm a current medic here there is less weighting on ucat I would recommend checking out e admissions criteria https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/unde...icine/medicine
L Sam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hello; Does anybody know how much was the minimum GCSE score requirement for Cardiff medicine to be shortlisted?
L Sam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hello; Thank you for the information. Does anybody knows what was the minimum GCSE score for shortlisting for Cardiff medicine this year 2020 interviews?
Laycity
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by L Sam)
Hello; Thank you for the information. Does anybody knows what was the minimum GCSE score for shortlisting for Cardiff medicine this year 2020 interviews?
There were several examples of applicants with straight 9’s failing to get interviews this year. Their selection criteria was clearly inadequate so unless Cardiff change it you need to be wary about applying there.
chazzacakes
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi I got
1 grade 9, 6 grade 8, 1 grade 7 and 1 grade 6 is it sensible to apply for cardiff
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by cherieh03)
Hi I got
1 grade 9, 6 grade 8, 1 grade 7 and 1 grade 6 is it sensible to apply for cardiff
Well let's just say that even people with straight A*s get rejected from Cardiff. You'll be taking that risk.

Also please post in the 2021 thread (i.e. this one) and not the 2020 thread if you are a 2021 applicant! :ta:
ENR123
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Well let's just say that even people with straight A*s get rejected from Cardiff. You'll be taking that risk.

Also please post in the 2021 thread (i.e. this one) and not the 2020 thread if you are a 2021 applicant! :ta:
This is the 2021 thread?
ecolier
Rep:
?
(Original post by ENR123)
This is the 2021 thread?
I moved it here, hence the reminder in case they're wondering why it's a different thread their post has moved
Laycity
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi I got
I wouldn't advise somebody with straight 9's to apply after what happened last year. You will have far more sensible choices if you get a decent UCAT score.
chazzacakes
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ecolier)

will do thank you, are there any other universities to avoid based on my GCSE's
ecolier
Rep:
?
will do thank you, are there any other universities to avoid based on my GCSE's
Oxford... and potentially Leeds (which has no GCSE requirements but score their applicants' GCSEs).

When you have your UCAT score, please post to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5622970 and the experts will advise on your individual scores which are your best choices.
aspiring_____
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I have 1 9, 8 8s and 1 7. Do you think this is good enough
Laycity
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by FAatsssss)
Very risky. There’s a virtual open day starting now which might be worth attending where they should be explaining their admissions process. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like they are changing it from last year.
ENR123
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Laycity)
Very risky. There’s a virtual open day starting now which might be worth attending where they should be explaining their admissions process. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like they are changing it from last year.
This is completely wrong please do not answer questions on this forum
ENR123
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by FAatsssss)
Definitely!
Laycity
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Quite a few examples on last years’s thread of applicants with straight 9’s failing to get interviews.
GANFYD
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Why? Do you have info on how they chose between applicants with 9 x 8/9/A* who were interviewed and those they rejected last year?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (443)
14.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (420)
13.95%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (182)
6.05%
Loneliness (259)
8.6%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.84%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.44%

Watched Threads