The Student Room Group

Cardiff University A100 2021 Entry

Welcome to the Cardiff University A100 2021 Entry Discussion.

Cardif A100 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022452

For general information click: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2021/medicine-mbbch

For entry requirements click: (see above)

Cardiff Medicine 2021 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6976422

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi everyone I'm a current 2nd year medic at Cardiff University going into my 3rd year September. I'm here to answer any questions you have. Look forward to discussions!
Hi, so do you go to Cardiff for medicine at the moment?if so, I am really keen on applying here for 2021 entry and I was wondering does Cardiff take UCAT scores seriously, do they look out for anything specific in personal statements, what is the interview process like, and what is the course outline like?thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by Anya.jm13
Hi, so do you go to Cardiff for medicine at the moment?if so, I am really keen on applying here for 2021 entry and I was wondering does Cardiff take UCAT scores seriously, do they look out for anything specific in personal statements, what is the interview process like, and what is the course outline like?thank you!

I am so sorry did not see this yes I'm a current medic here there is less weighting on ucat I would recommend checking out e admissions criteria https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/applying/admissions-criteria/medicine/medicine
Reply 4
Hello; Does anybody know how much was the minimum GCSE score requirement for Cardiff medicine to be shortlisted?
Reply 5
Hello; Thank you for the information. Does anybody knows what was the minimum GCSE score for shortlisting for Cardiff medicine this year 2020 interviews?
Reply 6
Original post by L Sam
Hello; Thank you for the information. Does anybody knows what was the minimum GCSE score for shortlisting for Cardiff medicine this year 2020 interviews?

There were several examples of applicants with straight 9’s failing to get interviews this year. Their selection criteria was clearly inadequate so unless Cardiff change it you need to be wary about applying there.
Hi I got
1 grade 9, 6 grade 8, 1 grade 7 and 1 grade 6 is it sensible to apply for cardiff
Reply 8
Original post by cherieh03
Hi I got
1 grade 9, 6 grade 8, 1 grade 7 and 1 grade 6 is it sensible to apply for cardiff

Well let's just say that even people with straight A*s get rejected from Cardiff. You'll be taking that risk.

Also please post in the 2021 thread (i.e. this one) and not the 2020 thread if you are a 2021 applicant! :ta:

Reply 9
This is the 2021 thread?
Original post by ENR123
This is the 2021 thread?

I moved it here, hence the reminder in case they're wondering why it's a different thread their post has moved :smile:

Hi I got

I wouldn't advise somebody with straight 9's to apply after what happened last year. You will have far more sensible choices if you get a decent UCAT score.
will do thank you, are there any other universities to avoid based on my GCSE's
will do thank you, are there any other universities to avoid based on my GCSE's

Oxford... and potentially Leeds (which has no GCSE requirements but score their applicants' GCSEs).

When you have your UCAT score, please post to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5622970 and the experts will advise on your individual scores which are your best choices.

I have 1 9, 8 8s and 1 7. Do you think this is good enough
Original post by FAatsssss

Very risky. There’s a virtual open day starting now which might be worth attending where they should be explaining their admissions process. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like they are changing it from last year.
Reply 16
Original post by Laycity
Very risky. There’s a virtual open day starting now which might be worth attending where they should be explaining their admissions process. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like they are changing it from last year.

This is completely wrong please do not answer questions on this forum
Reply 17
Original post by FAatsssss

Definitely!
Original post by ENR123

Quite a few examples on last years’s thread of applicants with straight 9’s failing to get interviews.
Reply 19
Original post by ENR123

Why? Do you have info on how they chose between applicants with 9 x 8/9/A* who were interviewed and those they rejected last year?

Latest

Trending

Trending