This discussion is closed.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

Welcome to the Cardiff University A101 2021 Entry Discussion.

Cardiff A101 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6022456

For general information click: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/unde...te-entry-mbbch

For entry requirements click: (see above)

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 10 months ago
ENR123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone I'm a current 2nd year medic at Cardiff University going into my 3rd year September. I'm here to answer any questions you have. Look forward to discussions!
aashucm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,I am a second year Cardiff Bio Medical Sciences student planning to apply for graduate entry Medicine for 2021. Am I eligible to apply for Cardiff A101 or do they accept application from only the 15 students selected in first year of our course for GEM route?
ENR123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aashucm)
Hi,I am a second year Cardiff Bio Medical Sciences student planning to apply for graduate entry Medicine for 2021. Am I eligible to apply for Cardiff A101 or do they accept application from only the 15 students selected in first year of our course for GEM route?
Hi sorry for the delay in response! You should be eligible to apply! But I would recommend emailing [email protected] to get official confirmation
aspiring_____
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi

I know cardiff don't score predicted grades however do you need AAA to be considered? Or are they like keele and don't look at predicted grades at all.
ENR123
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by FAatsssss)
Hi

I know cardiff don't score predicted grades however do you need AAA to be considered? Or are they like keele and don't look at predicted grades at all.
It is advised that you have the minimum grades AAA you can contact [email protected] for official confirmation of this
aspiring_____
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by ENR123)
It is advised that you have the minimum grades AAA you can contact [email protected] for official confirmation of this
Are these scored as well? Tbh I'm scared my school won't predict me AAA, max is probably AAb.
If i have really good gcses and ucat would that compensate?
aspiring_____
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Are these scored as well? Tbh I'm scared my school won't predict me AAA, max is probably AAb.
Due to coronavirus we haven't been in school and I wasn't as good at AS at the beginning of the year and they're only taking what we did before lockdown into consideration
ENR123
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Predicted grades aren't scored higher weighting on gcses than ucat
aspiring_____
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Predicted grades aren't scored higher weighting on gcses than ucat
do you know anyone who got in with aab predicted?
aspiring_____
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Cardiff don't look at predicted grades at all!
Katherine66
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
This thread is for the A101 course at Cardiff - which is GEM entry and only open to those on four designated feeder degrees. Therefore the discussion about GCSEs/predicted A level grades is not relevant.
Last edited by Katherine66; 10 months ago
AdrianaCZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hello guys please did anybody get an offer for graduate entry medicine? I would like to ask how the application form is assessed. I have read that they evaluate the personal statement and work experience?
My first degree was Pharmacy and it was an integrated master programme. Also, I have numerous working experience and I did postgraduate research.
I am going to sit GAMSAT but not sure how my results gonna be. (I sat also UCAT but my score is not enough for GEM so I am looking around other options. )
Do you think it is worth applying or is this course extremely competitive?
Thank you for any advice
Katherine66
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by AdrianaCZ)
Hello guys please did anybody get an offer for graduate entry medicine? I would like to ask how the application form is assessed. I have read that they evaluate the personal statement and work experience?
My first degree was Pharmacy and it was an integrated master programme. Also, I have numerous working experience and I did postgraduate research.
I am going to sit GAMSAT but not sure how my results gonna be. (I sat also UCAT but my score is not enough for GEM so I am looking around other options. )
Do you think it is worth applying or is this course extremely competitive?
Thank you for any advice
~Sorry, but you are not eligible to apply for A101 at Cardiff as your first degree was not one of their four designated feeder stream degrees (see 2nd post of this thread giving details). You can, of course apply to their A100 course as a graduate. Good luck!
AdrianaCZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Katherine66)
~Sorry, but you are not eligible to apply for A101 at Cardiff as your first degree was not one of their four designated feeder stream degrees (see 2nd post of this thread giving details). You can, of course apply to their A100 course as a graduate. Good luck!
Thank you I was just confused why they list requirements for European students under the course as well ...
Jojolav
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi everyone I'm a current 2nd year medic at Cardiff University going into my 3rd year September. I'm here to answer any questions you have. Look forward to discussions!
3a* and 7as at GCSE - good enough to apply to Cardiff medicine ?
NatsP29
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Anyone heard back from Cardiff yet re grad entry?
ENR123
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by NatsP29)
You will hear before 18th December when the admissions office closes
Camdenspaige
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by NatsP29)
I had applied for grad entry but they transferred me to undergrad as I had missed one criteria. Just found out I got an interview!
Janejaco
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
What is the standard UCAT min and A level scores that Cardiff made offers for 2021? Do they consider at all deferred entries for 2022?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (233)
75.16%
No (77)
24.84%

Watched Threads