Second car for a project.

Watch
redslash2000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hey guys,

As a result of my A-level exams being cancelled I've been very bored and in an effort to give myself something to do over the many months of quarantine, I am considering buying a car for very cheap and tinkering with it, something like an MX-5 or a Celica are cars of interest at the moment (please let me know any suggestions of other cars that may be fun to mess about with).

I am currently 18 and have been driving a car since the start of October and I still plan on keeping this car to be my main driver as it is much more economical and reliable to drive compared to what I would be buying. What do you guys think would be the cheapest way to insure this second vehicle with no black box and it would also be driven very rarely (once a week at most) and I only intend on keeping it insured and taxed until September when my apprenticeship starts. The cost of insurance is the only barrier from making this decision at the moment. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,
Redslash2000
LTEcactus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by redslash2000)
Hey guys,

As a result of my A-level exams being cancelled I've been very bored and in an effort to give myself something to do over the many months of quarantine, I am considering buying a car for very cheap and tinkering with it, something like an MX-5 or a Celica are cars of interest at the moment (please let me know any suggestions of other cars that may be fun to mess about with).

I am currently 18 and have been driving a car since the start of October and I still plan on keeping this car to be my main driver as it is much more economical and reliable to drive compared to what I would be buying. What do you guys think would be the cheapest way to insure this second vehicle with no black box and it would also be driven very rarely (once a week at most) and I only intend on keeping it insured and taxed until September when my apprenticeship starts. The cost of insurance is the only barrier from making this decision at the moment. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,
Redslash2000
Classic car policy?
Try giving Adrian Flux a ring
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.82%
No (67)
39.18%

Watched Threads