divyareddy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Is postgraduate diploma/degree considered as equal to master's ?
divyareddy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Is Postgraduate degree/diploma considered equal to master's ?
Please do reply i have apply for scholarship's there is option for postgrad in the specific site i'm looking for scholarships it's given as masters.
katiepierce
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yeah, both of these hold the same value.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by divyareddy)
Please do reply i have apply for scholarship's there is option for postgrad in the specific site i'm looking for scholarships it's given as masters.
Hi there!

A postgraduate diploma is a shorter qualification than a masters degree, although at the same academic level. Whereas a masters degree is made up of 180 credits (taken from exams, assignments, and so on), a postgraduate diploma is 120 credits.

This information can be found here - https://www.postgrad.com/advice/postgraduate_diploma/

Hope this helps!
Harry257
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
As far as your job prospects are concerned, yes. But I'd say the prospects also depend on the course that you do.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Is postgraduate diploma/degree considered as equal to master's ?
Your terms need to be clearer.

A Postgraduate Diploma is a lower qualification than a Masters degree.

A Postgraduate degree is a more generic term for any Masters degree (MPhil, MSt, MSc, MBA etc) or a PhD/DPhil.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
A postgraduate diploma and a Masters are both postgraduate degrees

However, a postgradate diploma is equal to about 2/3 of a Masters, so whilst they're equivalent types of degrees, they don't hold the same weight
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
A postgraduate diploma and a Masters are both postgraduate degrees

However, a postgradate diploma is equal to about 2/3 of a Masters, so whilst they're equivalent types of degrees, they don't hold the same weight
This is not quite right. A diploma is specifically not a degree, it's a diploma. They are both postgraduate study, but the first level is a postgraduate certificate, about 1/3 of a Masters, then comes a Diploma, about 2/3 of a Masters as you say, but a degree is a degree.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
This is not quite right. A diploma is specifically not a degree, it's a diploma. They are both postgraduate study, but the first level is a postgraduate certificate, about 1/3 of a Masters, then comes a Diploma, about 2/3 of a Masters as you say, but a degree is a degree.
I know. I have a postgraduate certificate, a postgaduate diploma and am currently doing a Masters.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
The postgraduate diploma is 120 credits (usually 2 taught semesters in length), and the postgraduate degree is 180 credits and typically takes a full academic or calendar year. The latter also includes a research project/dissertation in addition to the 2 taught semesters of the diploma.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.82%
No (67)
39.18%

Watched Threads