?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
should i do psychology or english literature for a level? i want to go into law
Cara156
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Have you had the option to do a taster/ induction day for either of them?

I studied/ am studying Psychology A-level at the moment and I really enjoy it and find it fascinating.

I'm not sure which is best for going into law but both require essay based writing.

I'd say go for what you find the most interesting as your likely to do well in it if it's something you actually want to learn, especially at A-level where at the end of everything grades add up.

I think when looking at your application for a Law Degree Unis will look at your predicted grades and personal statement- which should show your passion for studying Law- more so then what your studying at the moment. A-levels prove you have the drive and determination to learn and stick at something.

How this helped 😁

P.s if you have any questions about Psychology feel free to ask
spacingoutagainx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Cara156)
Have you had the option to do a taster/ induction day for either of them?

I studied/ am studying Psychology A-level at the moment and I really enjoy it and find it fascinating.

I'm not sure which is best for going into law but both require essay based writing.

I'd say go for what you find the most interesting as your likely to do well in it if it's something you actually want to learn, especially at A-level where at the end of everything grades add up.

I think when looking at your application for a Law Degree Unis will look at your predicted grades and personal statement- which should show your passion for studying Law- more so then what your studying at the moment. A-levels prove you have the drive and determination to learn and stick at something.

How this helped 😁

P.s if you have any questions about Psychology feel free to ask
thank you for your help, i really appreciate it.
do universities prefer btec or a level psychology? is there any difference between them?
what are the exams like?
Cara156
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
They'd probably prefer an A-level but it depends what your school / college provides. If you do a btec and get a good mark I don't think Unis will mind.

I'm not sure of the difference apart from one will involve courswork.

Exams are semi-structures in that there's 3 papers and they all involve set topics that will definitely come up.
For me:

PAPER 1
Memory
social influence
attachment
psychopathology

PAPER 2
Research Methods
Biopsycjology
Approaches in Psychology

PAPER 3 (this involves options your school/ college will choose from)

gender or relationships
addiction or eating behaviour
aggression or....
issues and debates (always on paper 3)

All together you'll do 11 topics

I don't think the exams are to bad the highest mark question in A level is 16 marks an requires about 2 pages of writing. There can be multiple choice as well which is always nice.

I'd suggest looking through a website called simply psychology it contains all the course information and I use it like a textbook it covers basically everything on the AQA course.
Academicbee123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I’m biased but psychology is amazing. It’s so interesting, I love it! It’s a LOT of content and a lot of memorising, but I’ve never been so in love with a subject
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Moved to the a-levels forum
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Both are fine for law. It's more of a personal preference for you but it's more important you get a good grade in it. In my opinion, the more interested you are in a subject, the more motivated you are to learn and revise for it
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by spacingoutagainx)
thank you for your help, i really appreciate it.
do universities prefer btec or a level psychology? is there any difference between them?
what are the exams like?
I suggest going with A-level Psychology because btecs are risky. Btecs are fine with law but it has to be related to it about it so I'm not too sure if Btec Psychology will be accepted
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (63)
12.28%
Virtual campus tours/open days (120)
23.39%
Live streaming events (46)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (50)
9.75%
A uni comparison tool (119)
23.2%
An in-person event when available (115)
22.42%