Bad tonsillitis

Watch
Mango777
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Due to Coronavirus I wasn’t able to see a doctor in person so had to have an appointment over the phone. I got diagnosed with glandular fever, but given penicillin just incase to was tonsillitis. Ended up seeing an emergency doctor after a week, because it got way worse and I couldn’t keep the antibiotics down, she said I have severe tonsillitis. I’m now improving very slowly and my tonsils are still extremely pus coated, but I only have a day left of antibiotics. I will contact a doctor, but will they probably just give me another 10 days? If anyone else has experienced this how long has it taken to get better?
Koopsjnr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I experienced something very similar, I was told it was glandular fever as I had very bad tonsilitis which made eating and drinking almost impossible. Anyways I had a blood test and confirmed it wasn't glandular fever which made sense as I didn't have the tiredness symptom. The antibiotics they prescribed me did little to nothing which is what I see seems to be the same in your case. All I can recommend is to tell your doctor that your symptoms don't seem to be getting any better and with that knowledge, they probably won't prescribe you with more antibiotics and unfortunately, you will have to wait it out. Mine took about 3-4 weeks to go but mine was an extreme case. In the meantime, I recommend getting sulpadene plus tablets as they are a brilliant pain killer for this and make eating and drinking viable again. Take all my advice with a pinch of salt as I'm not qualified and if you have any difficulty breathing, and if eating and drinking becomes even harder then consult your doctor immediately.
Mango777
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Thank you so so much that’s very helpful!
Koopsjnr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Mango777)
Thank you so so much that’s very helpful!
That's okay, wish you a speedy recovery
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
62.02%
No (49)
37.98%

Watched Threads