Anxiety hate the situation

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
So I need BCC for uni and I don't know if I will be predicted it because I got DD in my mocks. I don't know whether I should be revising and I'm so upset that exams are cancelled.
My parents have asked me what I think I will be predicted and I said BCC and they said so **** grades and now if I get a D im going to be devastated.
My year 13 mock grades have been:
Biology :CED
Chemistry :CDD (3% off a C)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Bump
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I need BCC for uni and I don't know if I will be predicted it because I got DD in my mocks. I don't know whether I should be revising and I'm so upset that exams are cancelled.
My parents have asked me what I think I will be predicted and I said BCC and they said so **** grades and now if I get a D im going to be devastated.
My year 13 mock grades have been:
Biology :CED
Chemistry :CDD (3% off a C)
Your school should allow you to take the exams, as it would be completely unfair to go off mock results for everyone, as many people improve dramatically throughout the year. I know some schools will offer students to take exams in September the following academic year, I'm not sure what that means in terms of when you'd start university (most likely at least 1 gap year), but now you have many months to get back on track and practice for your exams, so ignore your parents' mean comments, their words don't define your capabilities, utilise this time and grind it out. You got this!

Here's study advice I advocate to all students. It worked very well for me (A*AA):
- Taught myself all the content as soon as I could. Started this approach in December, was done by 1st week of February.
- Type your notes up on Microsoft Word, ideally not a book as you'll want to edit it later
- Make sure your notes are simple, straight to the point, no BS, no extra detail, just make sure you understand the concept (I had about 20 pages of notes for each module, single sided paper). If your textbook has a crappy explanation, just watch a youtube video. Many 5 minute videos literally simplify 3-4 pages worth of information, sometimes even an entire topic
- Also, remember, a picture can explain a thousand words, so diagrams are very helpful
- After you've covered everything, go through the specification to see if you've missed anything out.
- Then start practice questions alongside revision. Ideally you want to go through your notes at least once a week from February till May/Exam time, that way you'll have gone over it enough times that, regardless of how bad you are at memorising, it will no doubt stick in your head.
- Get comfortable answering practice questions on each topic before you attempt past papers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads