The Student Room Group

Uni transfer

Currently doing a Psychology Foundation course and I want to transfer, did not do well in A - Levels. But is this possible, what’s my first step? Do I just email universities?
Original post by kgyal
Currently doing a Psychology Foundation course and I want to transfer, did not do well in A - Levels. But is this possible, what’s my first step? Do I just email universities?

Hi :smile:

I would recommend maybe contacting some universities to see if this would be a possibility. They may need to double check the modules you have already completed against any modules they offer to see how the courses match up.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Best wishes,

Melissa :biggrin:
Original post by kgyal

It is in theory possible but not guaranteed - you will need to contact individual universities and find out if they will accept your foundation year for entry into their programmes. Bear in mind if you do transfer universities you will have used up your "gift year" of funding from SFE, so will need to self fund for a year if you need to repeat a year or change course later on.
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
It is in theory possible but not guaranteed - you will need to contact individual universities and find out if they will accept your foundation year for entry into their programmes. Bear in mind if you do transfer universities you will have used up your "gift year" of funding from SFE, so will need to self fund for a year if you need to repeat a year or change course later on.

Hey👋🏼
What do you mean exactly? So just to give you some background info I’ve basically wanted to transfer to Uni of Glos but I want to study Psychology with Criminology. They have got back to me today and stated that they will accept me when I pass my foundation year. So are you stating that when I do transfer SFE will not be able to fund for me????
Original post by kgyal
Hey👋🏼
What do you mean exactly? So just to give you some background info I’ve basically wanted to transfer to Uni of Glos but I want to study Psychology with Criminology. They have got back to me today and stated that they will accept me when I pass my foundation year. So are you stating that when I do transfer SFE will not be able to fund for me????

You receive funding from SFE equal to the length of your current degree programme, plus one year, minus any prior years of study in HE. The "plus one year" is referred to as the "gift year". So you will have funding for the length of your degree programme, but no more - so if you have to repeat a year, for example, you will need to self fund that year for tuition fees (you will be eligible for a maintenance loan in all years no matter what).
Reply 5
Original post by artful_lounger
You receive funding from SFE equal to the length of your current degree programme, plus one year, minus any prior years of study in HE. The "plus one year" is referred to as the "gift year". So you will have funding for the length of your degree programme, but no more - so if you have to repeat a year, for example, you will need to self fund that year for tuition fees (you will be eligible for a maintenance loan in all years no matter what).

Oh okay! Thank you for your help!!!😃

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending