Feel like I'm living a nightmare?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I feel like i'm living a nightmare right now as I can't afford to travel home as the fares are too high, even months away they are £1500 one way. Any advice i feel alone and upset right now with everything including with uni.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I feel like i'm living a nightmare right now as I can't afford to travel home as the fares are too high, even months away they are £1500 one way. Any advice i feel alone and upset right now with everything including with uni.
You're not alone in this. Everybody is going through the same thing and we are all muddling through together. Have you had a look at a return ticket? I've recently had a look at flights and found that the cost of a return trip was half the price of a 1-way. If this is the case for you too, then you could just book the return and get home, but then obviously just don't go back.

Try keeping yourself busy - different arts and crafts, hobbies, books etc. And remember that this will pass and that you're not alone.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
You're not alone in this. Everybody is going through the same thing and we are all muddling through together. Have you had a look at a return ticket? I've recently had a look at flights and found that the cost of a return trip was half the price of a 1-way. If this is the case for you too, then you could just book the return and get home, but then obviously just don't go back.

Try keeping yourself busy - different arts and crafts, hobbies, books etc. And remember that this will pass and that you're not alone.
I’ve taken a look at return flights and they are quite a bit cheaper, I was looking at flying to Dallas then get a flight to Denver but I don’t know if I want to take the risk? For example with the virus getting worse
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve taken a look at return flights and they are quite a bit cheaper, I was looking at flying to Dallas then get a flight to Denver but I don’t know if I want to take the risk? For example with the virus getting worse
Are you financially able to stay where you are at the moment? Will you be okay with buying food etc and looking after yourself? Is it absolutely essential that you're at home for the next month or so? If you can stay here then do so because it'll be less risky.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Are you financially able to stay where you are at the moment? Will you be okay with buying food etc and looking after yourself? Is it absolutely essential that you're at home for the next month or so? If you can stay here then do so because it'll be less risky.
My rent runs out at the end of June and my landlord says I cannot stay past this date, so I’m a little worried about what will happen. I can afford to feed myself and everything at the moment.
Anonymous #1
Also, adhd is real bad right now and it gets me down
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads