kattarina
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hey! I currently have 4 offers from universities. 3 for economics from Leeds, Loughborough and Newcastle and 1 from Bath for International Development with Economics. All offers are AAB apart from Leeds which is AAA (predicted AAA - but don't think I will make one of the grades, especially since teachers are now deciding our grades :/). Anyway, I've narrowed it down to two - Bath and Loughborough. One will be the firm and the other the insurance (even tho they are the same grades lol just happened that way). I cannot decide between them really, and I cannot decide which courses I want to do. I prefer Bath as a whole, but am scared that the course won't lead to anything afterwards. I like Loughborough as well, just don't know if economics is for me/ the campus itself. If anyone has studied/studying/looking at either or just generally have some knowledge and give some advice that would be great
allstoriesrtrue
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Honestly I found Bath a far nicer, more welcoming environment. However I would also take into account things like extra-curriculars, accommodation, post-grad stats and the general vibe of the place
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by kattarina)
Hey! I currently have 4 offers from universities. 3 for economics from Leeds, Loughborough and Newcastle and 1 from Bath for International Development with Economics. All offers are AAB apart from Leeds which is AAA (predicted AAA - but don't think I will make one of the grades, especially since teachers are now deciding our grades :/). Anyway, I've narrowed it down to two - Bath and Loughborough. One will be the firm and the other the insurance (even tho they are the same grades lol just happened that way). I cannot decide between them really, and I cannot decide which courses I want to do. I prefer Bath as a whole, but am scared that the course won't lead to anything afterwards. I like Loughborough as well, just don't know if economics is for me/ the campus itself. If anyone has studied/studying/looking at either or just generally have some knowledge and give some advice that would be great
Hi Kattarina,

If you are struggling you could always look at The Complete University Guide. It ranks universities on a wide range of fields so it is a bit more digestible for you when trying to make a decision.

Have a look!

Patrick :lep:
Loughborough University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hey kattarina,

I think ultimately you need to decide which course suits you best and then decide around that. Weigh up the pros and cons of each uni for what is best for you!

We are similar to Bath as we are too a campus university, but are also very different. Bath and Loughborough were my top two choices as well, but the family feel of Loughborough is what sold it for me and eventually I left Bath out of my top two choices.

If you have any specific questions about Loughborough I'll be happy to answer them as best as I can!
Best Wishes,
Emily
kattarina
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by Loughborough University)
Hey kattarina,

I think ultimately you need to decide which course suits you best and then decide around that. Weigh up the pros and cons of each uni for what is best for you!

We are similar to Bath as we are too a campus university, but are also very different. Bath and Loughborough were my top two choices as well, but the family feel of Loughborough is what sold it for me and eventually I left Bath out of my top two choices.

If you have any specific questions about Loughborough I'll be happy to answer them as best as I can!
Best Wishes,
Emily
Thank you so much for your reply!
I think I have decided on Loughborough now! 😊
Bibi Hanifa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Go for BATH. The point of a course isn't necessarily what you learn from it but the transferable skills you get. The content itself that you learn is very rarely actually used ever...Also, for 9 grand a year, you might as well go to the campus you like and the one you know you will enjoy more as a whole. These are the years you will remember before you end up in work. Might as well enjoy them. 😜
kattarina
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by Bibi Hanifa)
Go for BATH. The point of a course isn't necessarily what you learn from it but the transferable skills you get. The content itself that you learn is very rarely actually used ever...Also, for 9 grand a year, you might as well go to the campus you like and the one you know you will enjoy more as a whole. These are the years you will remember before you end up in work. Might as well enjoy them. 😜
I don't know how true this is though. Don't employers look at your degree? Studying economics broadens your horizons but doesn't International Development limit them? I'm not concerned about what I'm learning as I wouldn't have applied for it if I didn't think it was interesting. The ONLY thing I have against bath is my employability afterwards. I could see myself working for an NGO, but don't see myself working in a third world country - which is what the course kind of implies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (45)
60%
No (30)
40%

Watched Threads