girlysirly
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hey all do you have to be good at maths for computer science alavel and if you choose computer science alavel do you have to have done it at GCSE ?
Dancer2001
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
You have to be okay at maths ( if you can get a 5/6 at gcse you will manage). You don’t have to have done it at GCSE, but if you have, it makes the first year really easy.
girlysirly
Rep:
(Original post by Dancer2001)
You have to be okay at maths ( if you can get a 5/6 at gcse you will manage). You don’t have to have done it at GCSE, but if you have, it makes the first year really easy.
thank you so much if you don't mind could you please tell me what its mainly about and also if their is coursework. thank you
burntcherrio
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by girlysirly)
thank you so much if you don't mind could you please tell me what its mainly about and also if their is coursework. thank you
the exam board i do (Cambridge international) does have a sort of course work , same as in gcse you get a pre- release around January which has a bunch of programing questions. you can prepare solutions to them before hand and in the programing paper s in may/june there is a section dedicated to the prerelease that asks you a selection of questions that showed up in the prerelease. so it kinnda guarantees a few marks.
as for the course it self its split into programing (in one of the given languages) and theory ( sort of how everything works when it comes to computers and the internet)
girlysirly
Rep:
(Original post by burntcherrio)
the exam board i do (Cambridge international) does have a sort of course work , same as in gcse you get a pre- release around January which has a bunch of programing questions. you can prepare solutions to them before hand and in the programing paper s in may/june there is a section dedicated to the prerelease that asks you a selection of questions that showed up in the prerelease. so it kinnda guarantees a few marks.
as for the course it self its split into programing (in one of the given languages) and theory ( sort of how everything works when it comes to computers and the internet)
thank you xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (34)
7.28%
October 2021 (212)
45.4%
November 2021 (52)
11.13%
December 2021 (61)
13.06%
January 2021 (52)
11.13%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (41)
8.78%