The Student Room Group

When can iAL announce are they going to continue or not?

I am an ial student from Hong Kong. AL, GCSE, IB, IGCSE, has all announced their cancellation already.
When can edexcel/pearson say something about ial? Just tell us is it going to cancel or not. It is very hard for us, not knowing should we continue studying or not; or should we focus on other stuff instead.
Teachers will of course just tell us to continue studying, but what if it canceled? So we all studied for nothing? A lot of ial students really don't have the motivation studying right now, some of my friends even cried, about not knowing what can happen in the future. Can edexcel/pearson please announce something?
Does pearson really think iAL can take place in May tbh? Candidates will all go to a crowded area to take their exams, even people with symptoms (even if you tell them not to, they will still go because they themselves have spent a lot of time studying for the exams as well, and of course they would not want to miss it, and miss 1 year of time about going into uni). So is pearson going to take responsiblity if there is an outbreak in the exam hall and when everyone in the exam hall got infected?
Can someone please tell me is there an official pearson forum for ial, or an email where we can write to pearson? Thank you
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by aprilstory100
I am an ial student from Hong Kong. AL, GCSE, IB, IGCSE, has all announced their cancellation already.
When can edexcel/pearson say something about ial? Just tell us is it going to cancel or not. It is very hard for us, not knowing should we continue studying or not; or should we focus on other stuff instead.
Teachers will of course just tell us to continue studying, but what if it canceled? So we all studied for nothing? A lot of ial students really don't have the motivation studying right now, some of my friends even cried, about not knowing what can happen in the future. Can edexcel/pearson please announce something?
Does pearson really think iAL can take place in May tbh? Candidates will all go to a crowded area to take their exams, even people with symptoms (even if you tell them not to, they will still go because they themselves have spent a lot of time studying for the exams as well, and of course they would not want to miss it, and miss 1 year of time about going into uni). So is pearson going to take responsiblity if there is an outbreak in the exam hall and when everyone in the exam hall got infected?
Can someone please tell me is there an official pearson forum for ial, or an email where we can write to pearson? Thank you

Hi,
Edexcel IGCSE/IAL hasn't been cancelled yet. It is advisable to continue studying as even if the exams don't take place the knowledge will be useful for uni/future study.
If schools remain closed in Hong Kong then the exams won't happen. But if they open then they will. What Edexcel hasn't said is when schools have to reopen for exams to go on.
I believe you can email edexcel from their customer support page, but I am not sure if they will reply as I am sure they are getting many emails (from other students) right now - they usually reply in about a week or so. If I find the link I will post it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending