The Student Room Group

STEP

What would happen with regards to university applications if the June 2020 STEP examinations got postponed/cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic?
Original post by PADE123
What would happen with regards to university applications if the June 2020 STEP examinations got postponed/cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic?

As all UK exams have been cancelled, STEP will also have been cancelled. I presume STEP is a secondary part of the grade requirements (i.e. there's an A-Level garde requirement, and then also a STEP requirement on the side but it isn't the key part of the entry requirements in your offer) and so it will just probably be removed from the offer altogether.
Original post by DoNotMove
As all UK exams have been cancelled, STEP will also have been cancelled. I presume STEP is a secondary part of the grade requirements (i.e. there's an A-Level garde requirement, and then also a STEP requirement on the side but it isn't the key part of the entry requirements in your offer) and so it will just probably be removed from the offer altogether.

Unlikely if they're applying for Cambridge. For Cambridge Maths the STEP is the primary offer (source: Peterhouse admissions, back in 2017) they wouldn't require A Levels if STEP wasn't so hit and miss (in terms of the 1 1 pass.) I bet they're messing the bed right now, since Cambridge make way too many maths offers.
Original post by vicvic38
Unlikely if they're applying for Cambridge. For Cambridge Maths the STEP is the primary offer (source: Peterhouse admissions, back in 2017) they wouldn't require A Levels if STEP wasn't so hit and miss (in terms of the 1 1 pass.) I bet they're messing the bed right now, since Cambridge make way too many maths offers.

Oh true, forget about Cambridge (for me, taking STEP would lower my offer to A*AB, and my friend would get £2000 bursary if she got a grade S in any paper, which aren't compulsory things) - I imagine that the best thing to do would be to email the university/college in question and I'm sure they'll provide any information they have, and give you some of idea of where more information can be found when they have reached a final solution to how STEP is going to work.

Quick Reply

Latest