Again what is the point...
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ldren-11962320
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Again what is the point...
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ldren-11962320
That is indeed pretty disgusting, but it cant have been a quick job and am surprised they dont have cctv.
Someone must have known it was there.
Wonder if they will catch them?
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
That is indeed pretty disgusting, but it cant have been a quick job and am surprised they dont have cctv.
Wonder if they will catch them?
If it was done over the weekend then even with CCTV would have took a while for someone to stop them
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
If it was done over the weekend then even with CCTV would have took a while for someone to stop them
I just mean it gives them an idea how it was done and better than nothing.
Probably couldnt happen if schools still had caretakers.
As they took the freezers it sounds like they had something like a forklift or there were several people and they emptied it and then loaded the freezers, then refilled with the food. I do hope they catch them.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
I just mean it gives them an idea how it was done and better than nothing.
Probably couldnt happen if schools still had caretakers.
As they took the freezers it sounds like they had something like a forklift or there were several people and they emptied it and then loaded the freezers, then refilled with the food. I do hope they catch them.
Yeah hope so as well, just utter scum and idiots
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
Yeah hope so as well, just utter scum and idiots
Its not man with a van, but am sure the catering company are covered and have had thefts before.
The kitchen staff will feel shocked.
Also the kids missing out so would be nice if local business. restaurants help out.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Its not man with a van, but am sure the catering company are covered and have had thefts before.
The kitchen staff will feel shocked.
Also the kids missing out so would be nice if local business. restaurants help out.
Yeah they sent a letter out pleading children to bring pack lunches in this week, just so low doing something like this and so pointless. I imagine the kitchen staff were devastated
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
Yeah they sent a letter out pleading children to bring pack lunches in this week, just so low doing something like this and so pointless. I imagine the kitchen staff were devastated
I am just not phased by it. I bet the company is inconvenienced but should be insured. I think the kitchen staff are the ones who will take the blow the hardest. If its in the paper some local restaurant should step in. Have a google in a few days.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yep, inside job was my initial thought...

lowlife scum, hopefully the school can be resupplied asap.
Wōden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Crises can bring out the best in people, but they can bring out the worst too. Sadly I expect we will see similar things occuring over the next few weeks/months, especially if food stocks start to get overly stretched.
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If they did it for themselves, I am more sympathetic if they couldn't afford or get any food but its still low to deprive others of it
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ferrograd)
If they did it for themselves, I am more sympathetic if they couldn't afford or get any food but its still low to deprive others of it
That doesnt really work though as it will have taken a team of people to lift 4 chest freezers. Why not rob a freezer shop if they wanted food? They are scum.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ferrograd)
Unfortunately i suspect they flogged it all on gumtree or down the market. just based off the fact it was 4 industrial sized freezers, cant fit that in your pantry...
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
I take your school meals and raise you this story.

Jail sentence and confiscation order imo. This really is disgusting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-52011664

Coronavirus: 'Disgusting' thieves steal oxygen from Manchester hospital

Thieves have stolen oxygen from a community hospital in Manchester, police said.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said people would "quite rightly share our disgust" at the theft during the coronavirus pandemic.

Three men were seen getting out of a black BMW outside Withington Community Hospital on Saturday at 03:30 GMT.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
I take your school meals and raise you this story.

Jail sentence and confiscation order imo. This really is disgusting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-52011664

Coronavirus: 'Disgusting' thieves steal oxygen from Manchester hospital

Thieves have stolen oxygen from a community hospital in Manchester, police said.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said people would "quite rightly share our disgust" at the theft during the coronavirus pandemic.

Three men were seen getting out of a black BMW outside Withington Community Hospital on Saturday at 03:30 GMT.
What the hell is wrong with some people, just why?
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The policy of chopping off a thieves hands seems rather apt now, no?
joey11223
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
For both groups, but particularly the second story of a group of men stealing those gas canisters, they need making an example of in public. We've seen already many people simply will not act like decent human beings, it's going to take a police and probably army enforced lockdown to stop people trying to go on their jollies. For crimes like this when we've declared a national emergency the punishment should be incredibly severe, tough luck for them but they should be the example made for the rest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (279)
33.86%
No (545)
66.14%

Watched Threads