Auraglaceon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Use of oxidation number
• Working out oxidation number for elements in elements, compounds and ions, including compound ions from rules.
• Using oxidation number to identify oxidation-reduction equations.
• The oxidation number of the element that undergoes oxidation in an oxidation-reduction reaction becomes more positive (less negative).
• The oxidation number of the element that undergoes reduction in an oxidation-reduction reaction becomes more negative (less positive).
• Industrial applications – understanding oxidation/reduction reactions.
username4648086
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What exactly is the question? :hmmmm:
Auraglaceon
Rep:
?
Having trouble constructing a question. what are industrial uses of oxidation/reduction reactions, battery and corrosion behaviour. Another question is how oxidation affect negative/positive charge of a element.
username4648086
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Auraglaceon)
Having trouble constructing a question. what are industrial uses of oxidation/reduction reactions, battery and corrosion behaviour. Another question is how oxidation affect negative/positive charge of a element.
So the assignment asks to make a question? :hmmmm:
Auraglaceon
Rep:
?
no, I tried changing words above into a question since researching skill is highly poor skill
username4648086
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Auraglaceon)
no, I tried changing words above into a question since researching skill is highly poor skill
I see.. so for the first four bullet points are thinking of explaining with examples?
For the last bullet point, google up redox reactions in industry...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (183)
43.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (48)
11.46%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.88%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
21.24%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (42)
10.02%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (24)
5.73%

Watched Threads