• Working out oxidation number for elements in elements, compounds and ions, including compound ions from rules.
• Using oxidation number to identify oxidation-reduction equations.
• The oxidation number of the element that undergoes oxidation in an oxidation-reduction reaction becomes more positive (less negative).
• The oxidation number of the element that undergoes reduction in an oxidation-reduction reaction becomes more negative (less positive).
• Industrial applications – understanding oxidation/reduction reactions.
Having trouble constructing a question. what are industrial uses of oxidation/reduction reactions, battery and corrosion behaviour. Another question is how oxidation affect negative/positive charge of a element.