Will UK go into lockdown tonight?

Watch
WoodlandSorcerer
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Mapleservers)
I highly disagree. Most areas are clear. I reckon they won’t address any closures and he’s the new daily briefing is at 8:30pm
It’s still not clear enough. I went to the park today (I have a dog so I had an excuse to be there) and the place was absolutely packed with people who didn’t need to be there. There were loads playing basketball and sweating on each other for goodness sake! Old people sitting on benches etc., I was shocked at how people just don’t care and don’t appear to be taking this seriously. We almost certainly have just as many cases, if not more, than places like Spain and Italy. Their lockdowns will likely cause their peak to be reached quite soon and then begin to decrease..

I don’t think it’ll be lockdown today but if the government has any sense it’ll implement it by the end of the week.
Last edited by WoodlandSorcerer; 6 days ago
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I suspect outlining the planned legislation discussed in the commons today. Police will have powers to detain and test those who are suspected of carrying the virus (with fines to those who do not comply with testing).

Increased social distancing jargon without actually forcing people to stay in homes yet, particularly around public transport imo. Pressure will ramp up on non-essential business as well;

although this coincides with Laura Ashley entering administration (the second major one after flybe, with more to come...), the government will want to be sure to keep the focus on the health issue, but It cannot ignore that we could be looking down the barrel of 15% of GDP being wiped out by years end, and a situation worse than 2008. One issue at a time, the health crisis must come first and we must get beyond with minimal deaths but we must learn from 2008 (although I think the fact the chancellor wasted no time jumping to quantitative easing, something that took many months for Brown to do, is a sign Sunak is prepared to make the bold but necessary moves).
Last edited by mnot; 6 days ago
WoodlandSorcerer
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It’s essentially a lockdown!!
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Mapleservers)
Yes it is. He has an announcement at 8:30 just look on bbcnews for yourself
So much for just another daily briefing
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Basically a yes.

Note he's only talking about "delaying" - all this narrative that the government has given up on herd immunity is just completely false...
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Kind of obvious this was coming after all folk acting the twat over the weekend :/
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
This is effectively a lockdown in all but name.
Ibrahim Kuyumcu
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Ferrograd)
"Nation addressed" at 8:30PM tonight. Seems like a full lockdown is imminent.
Can we talk about playing computer games instead?
Ibrahim Kuyumcu
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by WoodlandSorcerer)
It’s still not clear enough. I went to the park today (I have a dog so I had an excuse to be there) and the place was absolutely packed with people who didn’t need to be there. There were loads playing basketball and sweating on each other for goodness sake! Old people sitting on benches etc., I was shocked at how people just don’t care and don’t appear to be taking this seriously. We almost certainly have just as many cases, if not more, than places like Spain and Italy. Their lockdowns will likely cause their peak to be reached quite soon and then begin to decrease..

I don’t think it’ll be lockdown today but if the government has any sense it’ll implement it by the end of the week.
Can you sing me a song, Sorcerer?
w10aneilson
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'm sure that there will still be many who disregard Boris' new restrictions (announced at 2030hrs), so we will be forced in a lockdown sometime, probably this week.
WoodlandSorcerer
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Tbh, they shouldn’t even allow the one form of exercise a day. There’s no way to monitor it’s someone’s first time, that’s going to get abused.
Mapleservers
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by w10aneilson)
I'm sure that there will still be many who disregard Boris' new restrictions (announced at 2030hrs), so we will be forced in a lockdown sometime, probably this week.
By Friday 100%
s817
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Ferrograd)
Know this probably seems rather stupid in the wider scheme of things, but how will we get our hair cut XD
Cut it yourself
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by gjd800)
This is effectively a lockdown in all but name.
Nonsense, it's more of a Secured Descent :cool:
angelike1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by WoodlandSorcerer)
Tbh, they shouldn’t even allow the one form of exercise a day. There’s no way to monitor it’s someone’s first time, that’s going to get abused.
yeah he even said "walking" can count as a form of exercise, but you could just use that as an excuse to leave your house
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads